S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Rear Spoiler

Old 03-18-2003, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Spoiler

Have new S2000 on order. What are the advantages - disadvantages of installing rear spoiler? Do you reccomend the OEM spoiler and what after market spoilers are available?
Old 03-18-2003, 08:15 AM

Advantages: looks great, somewhat functional at high speeds.

Disadvantages: None to date.

The stock front and rear add-on spoilers come pre-painted from Honda and match perfect.

The front spoiler really makes a huge difference. It really catches your eye and really adds a lot to the front of the vehicle.

At first I wasn't sure about the rear spoiler. I've never seen one in person, and I must now say it's a must. When test fitting, after I pulled it off - - the car just didn't look the same without it. That rear spoiler is really meant for the car, and it looks like it belongs there. I'm really not one for wings, but this one goes great and almost looks like it's molded to the car. I still think you must see both of these in person to appreciate them.

INSTALL: The front spoiler took no time at all. Maybe about 30 minutes and it was on. The rear spoiler took a little longer. I didn't have the special rear spring removal tool to replace the springs. But, I used some rubber tipped plyers, and got the old ones out no problem. The new springs really make the trunk pop up. It pops up much higher than it did with no wing and the stock springs which I like. If you add the wing and don't put the new springs in, the trunk won't be able to hold itself up after you open it. It would be a good idea to add the new springs.

Some pics:

The front and rear Honda
Old 03-18-2003, 08:17 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Disadvantage= it's not free.
Old 03-18-2003, 08:53 AM

Jason_B - Thanks for the info - I will probably get the OEM spoilers installed at the dealer. If I opt for an after market spoiler, just how hard are they to install and at what price? thanks for the info on the springs. I really had not thought of the truck lid staying up. It would be a real mistake not to change them.
Old 03-18-2003, 09:59 AM

The car looks great. The factory front lip is simple, yet attractive. I personally would never go bigger than the factory rear wing because I think then it would take away from the car. Anything bigger is just an eye sore and takes away the class of the car.