S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

To reflect after 11 years on this site

Old 02-11-2015, 10:49 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default To reflect after 11 years on this site

So its been 11+ years that i belong to this site and i wanted to share things i learned and people i met. I first bought my 01 AP1 new in 2001 of course... I was young and single and didn’t know about having a two seater as a daily would be like. I came to find out it’s not a easy life only having 2 seats and a tiny truck. My S started out her live in Northern VA, which was a great place to raise her. Lots of curvy roads and room to spread her legs out. She really loved it and so did I. But it came time to move from VA to a hotter weather state. So i moved down to South Florida and man what a difference. I loaded my S onto the AutoTrain and we both only had what was in our backpacks. FL live is so much different than VA life, was able to enjoy the top down more often, but it came with some bad. For some reason people in SFL at that time didn’t like small two seaters Hondas, and everywhere i went i got booed and laughed at since people thought it was a girls car. So i had to do something about it, I started to Mod the car, first by getting new rims and a HT and a really nice CF hood. A few years went by , didn’t get much laughing after my mods, and one day coming off the highway my Check engine light started to flash... then the engine just died...Come to find out my oil squitter’s were bad and had destroyed my engine. Well I had a choose to make.. should i scrap it or rebuild it.. make it stronger faster... well I choose the second option,, I wanted to do a full engine build and turbo and get my S back on the road. So my mission was to find a good shop to start this project with me. I went online and found a good shop(at that time) to get me what i wanted. This started a long part of my build which i now like to black out. Let’s just say that my car sat in his shop for over 3 years, i finally had to pay a tow truck to pick up my shell of a car and start the project all over again. With time and money down the toilet, i had to pause before i could start over since i was getting married. My wife saw how upset i was with the whole situation and she just told me to give up on it and cut my loses. It was not easy for me to just give up on a car that was like a part of me. So I didn’t, i found a local shop and i made sure this time around it was going the way i wanted to go. It took a year to finish the build, mainly because I was saving and buying parts thru that time. But the car was done.. back on the road after almost 4 1/2 years. man i was soo happy.. i drove it on weekends.. Fridays.. was super happy. A couple more years went by and by this time living in FL for all those years,,, the paint and body was tired. So i am now on my final part of my body build and i will soon have my baby back.. Along the way when i was having such troubles,, i met so many members on here that went out of the way to help me with my situation and i always been amazed on how people come together when they have something in common. Thanks S2ki for always being there for the last 11 years and all the people i met on here. Here is to another 11 years..

Cheers.....

PS.. sorry for the long Story.. hope you are still awake
Old 02-11-2015, 11:14 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,594 Likes on 1,907 Posts

Great story!
Old 02-11-2015, 01:07 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Great post. Thanks for sharing
Old 02-11-2015, 04:43 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Great Read!
Old 02-11-2015, 05:13 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for sharing
Old 02-11-2015, 05:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 02-11-2015, 05:55 PM
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Good stuff.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:31 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Dedication
Old 02-12-2015, 05:14 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for the comments. being a part of this great organization is one of the reasons it was hard for me to leave. I have always felt a close bond with my fellow S2ker
Old 02-12-2015, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice write up reads well thanks for sharing!
Please send some more when you made the final bodyworks adjustments!

Quick Reply: To reflect after 11 years on this site