S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Remote batteries ... how long do they last?

Old 01-19-2001, 06:02 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to hit mine 3 times today to open my door. When I used it again shortly after it worked fine.

Wondering if I'm needing new remote batteries after 7 months?
Old 01-19-2001, 07:38 PM
AP

Had the car for 9 months now, just changed the battery last week. I always carry a spare battery because I set the alarm to autoarm & autolock.
Old 01-19-2001, 07:41 PM

the last about a year depending on usage.
does anyone use the key to open the trunk or door anymore?
Old 01-20-2001, 12:11 AM

I guess I've been lucky, it's been almost 15 mo. and my battery seems as strong as ever. The remote has about twice the range of the one with my Accord, too.
Old 01-20-2001, 02:02 AM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by ricosuave
the last about a year depending on usage.
does anyone use the key to open the trunk or door anymore?
Never... always use remote.
Old 01-20-2001, 05:35 AM

The same remote on my wife's CRV has been working for 4 years with the original battery.
Old 01-20-2001, 08:31 AM
AP

But she probably doesn't go out to the garage to sit in/fiddle with/work on/clean the car several times every night and having to use the remote every time!
Old 01-22-2001, 05:28 AM

About a year of using my remotes, no problems yet
Old 01-22-2001, 08:32 AM

Originally posted by Muz
I had to hit mine 3 times today to open my door. When I used it again shortly after it worked fine.

Muz,

It might not be the battery...

After having my car for a few months, I was surprised that my remote didn't seem to have much juice either. I ended up changing the battery in the remote. Later with a fresh battery, I seemed to have the same problem. I had to keep pushing and holding the button down to unlock the doors. The thing is, when I put the old battery in the other remote it worked fine...like it wasn't dead at all.

I never definitively proved this, but I think it might have had something to do with the rolling-code mechanism in the remote circuit. I saw these problems most when I was frequently switching between the two remotes.

One thing you can try before you change your battery: next time the remote fails to open the door on the first try, press the LOCK button, then the unlock button to cycle through. See if that helps. It could be my imagination, but I thought that helped for me.

Good luck!
Old 01-23-2001, 12:30 AM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by LATEOTT
Originally posted by Muz

Muz,

It might not be the battery...

After having my car for a few months, I was surprised that my remote didn't seem to have much juice either. I ended up changing the battery in the remote. Later with a fresh battery, I seemed to have the same problem. I had to keep pushing and holding the button down to unlock the doors. The thing is, when I put the old battery in the other remote it worked fine...like it wasn't dead at all.

I never definitively proved this, but I think it might have had something to do with the rolling-code mechanism in the remote circuit. I saw these problems most when I was frequently switching between the two remotes.

One thing you can try before you change your battery: next time the remote fails to open the door on the first try, press the LOCK button, then the unlock button to cycle through. See if that helps. It could be my imagination, but I thought that helped for me.

Good luck!
Hey ..will do. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Remote batteries ... how long do they last?