S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Road Rage

Old 12-06-2003, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by GTI 20v
Maybe you shouldn't have been tailgating him?
Tailgating? Have you ever been stuck in traffic? According to you, everyone in a traffic jam must be tailgating each other
Old 12-06-2003, 05:44 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DFul4d
Old 12-06-2003, 05:47 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I have noticed that sometimes, handicapped people use their disability as their crutch - to get that extra bit of sympathy and pity they think they deserve. Consequently, such people only attempt to take advantage of a society that tries to cut them a bit of slack and thus, do not deserve any additional understanding.
I will go out of my way to assist a handicapped person UNTIL they show themselves to be a JACKASS! A physical disability is not a licence to be psychologically impeded.
Old 12-06-2003, 05:50 PM

He sounds like a veteran who has a few problems ... and maybe one of his problems has to do with seeing a slick-looking car made in Japan in his rear-view mirror? Or maybe he couldn't see out of the back of his van really, relying on the side mirrors, in which case you probably kept disappearing back there in traffic and he was freaking out. Those are my theories, anyway ...
Old 12-06-2003, 08:24 PM

time for a Desert Eagle.
Old 12-06-2003, 10:05 PM

Ok time to get serious. (<<this was the closest to my serious look).

To be fair, you must have been 'reasonably' close to make the 'reasonably' detailed observations you did..i.e the number plate and wheelchair crane. Then again you could argue that such observations could also be made from a non-tailgating distance.

My guess is that the S has a pretty long bonnet, couple that with its 'slope' and it may have appeared to the driver in front, that your bumper was much closer than it actually was. The headlights may have been it, but it would stand to reason that you would have to be a fair distance away for them to dazzle his rearview mirror and therefore you wouldn't have been, as he so eloquently put it..."on his A$$".

I dislike being 'tailgated' as much as the next driver, though bumper to bumper (it's called that for a reason) traffic and being on the move, are very different scenarios.

Whatever it is, I can't condone the actions of the driver in the van and though I also can't strap-on a 'halo' and say I would never do something like that myself, I don't think his actions solved anything, then again you never mentioned what happened after he got back in his van?
Old 12-06-2003, 10:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Hoenda
Ok time to get serious. (<<this was the closest to my serious look).

To be fair, you must have been 'reasonably' close to make the 'reasonably' detailed observations you did..i.e the number plate and wheelchair crane. Then again you could argue that such observations could also be made from a non-tailgating distance.
I have to disagree. I can be 1 1/2 car length, maybe more, th read someone's license plate, and the purple heart is pretty obvious to see. If i was stuck behind a van in bumper to bumper traffic, i am sure i would have had plenty of time to find out every detail about the van.

Now, what if it was the HIDS? i don't think that is the case either, cause the van sits higher than the S, so it shouldn't have been in his eyes. Tailgatting? I don't know what constitutes tailgatting in stopped traffic...

I think the guy was just one of those grumpy old man deals. Handicapped people suck.. they take all the good parking spaces.. haha.. just kidding people... seriously!! i'm kidding... don't flame me.!!!!