S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000 Interior swap - how expensive?

Old 12-31-2001, 07:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000 Interior swap - how expensive?

So, back in August when I was shopping around for my car I really had to have the silver/red combo and even though I was a hesitant to get it rather than the silver/black I went for it. On my way in to work this morning, I realized that maybe I made a mistake and have grown tired of the red. I still think the combo is beautiful but it's just too much flair for me. Black should have been what I chose...but hey, you make stupid decisions when you are in love - right...and that I was (still am of course ). Any ways, any suggestions or ideas as to how much it will cost me to swap out the red and make my interior black like the stock black interior ? I would obviously sell everything I could of what's in there in order to recover some of the money.

Please help, the red is now starting to get to me !!
Thanks.
Old 12-31-2001, 07:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You shouldn't have any problem finding the interested owners to trade your red interior decor.
Your seats and door panels won't be problem trading.
However your carpeting could be an issue. I don't think it is expensive but try contacting Rick Hesel because he has done the carpet swap and ask him about the procedure and the cost involved.

Anyway don't sweat it, I guarantee that you will not have any problem making your desired interior theme reality.

Good Luck.
Old 12-31-2001, 10:21 AM

Did you see this?

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...&threadid=40474
Old 12-31-2001, 11:43 AM

I'll trade your red door skins for my black! The center red section actually comes out from the back of the door so we would not have to exchange the whole door skin. I would like a little contrast in my interior.
Old 12-31-2001, 02:39 PM
Former Sponsor

themeloman,

Do you have a 2002 or earlier? If a 2002, this will be a bit more difficult, since every damned thing in the interior is red.

No matter what year you have, the first thing to do is to swap out the red left and right carpet sections for black. That red carpet is butt ugly, the worst red carpet I have ever seen I think. This will make the biggest difference. You have to remove the seats and some of the plastic trim pieces to do this, but it's not that difficult. Each section is one large piece. You can get the pair from HandA for less than $300, I think.

If you have a 2002, the next relatively inexpensive step to take would be to get one of our console covers in black to cover over the red vinyl stock cover. If you have an earlier year, I'd do the same, but perhaps consider one with red leather on the top and black sides.

Next would be the door liners. A new pair will set you back over $600.

Then you can replace all the red plastic trim pieces (on a 2002) with red.

Finally, there are the storage compartments and the dashboard (again, in red on the 2002).
Old 12-31-2001, 03:00 PM

I've got two black door skins. You can have the pair for $250 plus shipping.
Old 01-03-2002, 11:40 AM

...to the top...
Old 01-03-2002, 11:44 AM

I'll trade you my black seats for your red..
Old 01-03-2002, 12:36 PM

I think I was the first to respond to him. I have already swapped my black seats for red ones, and I wanted to finish the project. But he seems to be only interested in swapping everything with one person
Old 01-03-2002, 12:40 PM

Code3smith:

That is true. It was my first attempt but it seems that most people that are interested in partial trades, meaning they already have part of their project done but they only need the seats or just the door panels or what have you. If things don't work out for me, you are first on my list for the panels. Hmmm....now if I could find someone that just wants the seats and the carpet....

Quick Reply: S2000 Interior swap - how expensive?