S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2K-The good, the bad, the costly

Old 10-06-2001, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2K-The good, the bad, the costly

I tried for years to explain to my wife that certain cars are not just cars, they are extensions of your personality. She didn't understand my love for my NSX. She didn't understand the days I would spend washing, waxing, cleaning and caressing (the car is female after all ). She used to say I was crazy, that IT was just a car. Well all that changed.... On July 4th I brought her home a present - a 2001 Yellow S2K. She now spends her weeknights washing off the lovebugs that she has impailed driving to work in the S2K (lovebugs are unrecognizable above 90mph ) . She waxes the car and details the interior weekly. She shops the S2K webboard for upgrades to her baby. This car is not just a car to her, but her extension. She now understands why I spend countless hours cleaning and enhancing the looks and performance of my NSX (THE GOOD). She too now shares this love for these fine automobiles (ALSO THE GOOD). In fact, she now spends more time with her S2K than with me. I cannot drive the S2K unless she gets to drive the NSX. (THE BAD). This is bad because she believes that there are only two throttle positions - foot off, foot on (all the way one). She prefers FOOT ON. All it took for me to get her to understand my love for the autos was to buy her own sports car (THE COSTLY). Every time she reads the board she is writing down all the upgrades she is going to do: Xbrace, roof mat, exhaust, supercharger (THE VERY COSTLY). So i would like to say thank you Honda, for the low, low cost of $30,000ish , you have transformed my wife into as big a car freak as myself. Gone are the days of having the garage to myself. Gone are the days of making her park her car outside, her CAR must be parked inside now. Gone are the days of knowing where the heck my cleaning supplies were. BUT, gone are the days of her laughing at the time and devotion spent on a car!!!!!!!!! He who can convert his wife to a car freak, WINS

vhoward
Old 10-06-2001, 06:48 PM

Congrats! It is truly great to have a partner to share the joys of the S2000 with. Consider yourself one hell of a lucky man
Old 10-06-2001, 07:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice post...congrats on the great taste in cars and in women!

Old 10-06-2001, 07:45 PM

So, to my darling, wonderful husband....Does this get me a supercharger?

But isn't the more important question....Aren't I worth it?
Deborah
Old 10-06-2001, 08:46 PM

hey does your wife have a 23 year old sister for me, she sounds to good to be true. ; )
Old 10-06-2001, 11:24 PM

gosh ... an NSX and an S2000 ... in the same garage ... at the same time ---> Love at first sight.

I wouldn't be surprised if both cars hold hands during the night while you're sleeping ...
Old 10-07-2001, 04:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What an entertaining post Vince. You guys are just too cute .

Are both cars coming down to Homestead next weekend? See you there!
Old 10-07-2001, 05:37 AM

Both cars will be at Homestead. Ooppssssss, I forgot she reads these posts frequently. Oh well, looks like I'm going to have to buy a supercharger and get used to sharing the garage. Isn't life grand, think I'll keep her..

vhoward
Old 10-07-2001, 06:45 AM
S2R

Do you guys race each other? Maybe that's why she wants the SC.
Old 10-07-2001, 07:18 AM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Excellent thread!

Quick Reply: S2K-The good, the bad, the costly