S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2k and school...

Old 09-08-2001, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone, well I am going to start taking my s2000 to school (High School) and I was wondering if people think it will be damaged.... im almost positive that it will be keyed, dented or something else.. sucks but probably true.. has anyone ever had problems with vandalism done to their loved ones?
Old 09-08-2001, 06:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In high school (88-92) I drove various cars, from an Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera (85 model with the sporty luggage rack and shifter in the middle - auto of course), 87 Accord LXI, 90 Talon AWD turbo, and an 88 Mustang 5.0 - but I gotta say that I never was keyed, slashed, nothing at all.

If anyone keys a car, its obviously someone who doesn't have a car or someone like this one guy I knew in high school. He drove around an LTD and those for sale cars on the side of the road, well he would test out his bumpers with them. I still can't believe it to this day, but what do you know, he's a criminal defense lawyer now.

Besides that, just watch out for your car or avoid driving it if you can. Park way out - get lots of exercise from it, but don't let it become the center of your life - there are much better things in high school to get your attention than your S2000, and they are usually attatched with two legs, short skirt and uhmmmm...nevermind. =)
Old 09-08-2001, 06:58 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

"there are much better things in high school to get your attention than your S2000, and they are usually attatched with two legs, short skirt and uhmmmm...nevermind. =)"

But the car can get the other!
Seriously, if you are a real popular guy in school, there will be the geeks who will be jealous and might do one to you. If you are a geek, then the popular guys might do one to you. I don't know. I don't think I could do well in school worrying about my car being outside.
Old 09-08-2001, 08:06 PM

I'm about to get my 02' s2k and i'm gonna be driving it to school too. First i only have to go to school every other day but when i do go to school, i'm going to get the clifford alarm system with the hella nice pager. If nebody does nething to my car the alarm will go off and somebody will get their ass kicked soon after I recommend getting the clifford alarm system if u do drive it to school.
Old 09-08-2001, 08:33 PM

I drove it to school, it got keyed, I caught the guy, he had to pay. Yes, it will get keyed up, trust me. Get a car cover to really help against it, most people are deterred by seeing the cover and it would take longer to key it.
Old 09-08-2001, 08:51 PM

You go to HIGH SCHOOL AND HAVE a car like this. Wow, you're lucky man. I wish I could have a car like this when started driving.

Yeah, people suck, they'll get it sooner or later. Especially HS people.
Old 09-08-2001, 09:09 PM

I see you live in Palm Springs where nicer cars are more common so you might not have it too bad. If there are Bimmers and Benzes in the parking lot you won't stand out so much. If you lived in East BumbleF**K with a bunch of rusted Ford F-150s then I would be more worried.
Old 09-08-2001, 10:07 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

"Back in da day" when I was in high school, I was one of the first students to be driving a brand new car..."daddies" Honda Civic. True it was my parents vehicle, but I spiced things up a little with "Road Boy" fog lights, and 13" ASA wheels. (Remember, this is in 1993) Well, some spiteful, immature C grade student became a little jealous, and keyed my Civic. Boy was I choked. My suggestion...keep the S2K at home.

Yes, and I'm not too sure about keeping the car covered either. People's curiosity will lead to inquiring eyes and fingers, and ooops...maybe a scratch or two for the guy who thinks he's "all that with his $32000 convertible"

Asif
Old 09-08-2001, 10:46 PM

Yeah thanks for the input form all of you. I guess I hang out witht he popular crowd and I'm overall quiet but I guess with a car like this people are ALWAYS going to say "oh he thinks hes tight." even if your the nicest quietest person alive... oh well i guess im just going to have to wait and (hopefully not) see. and schattden your right about the much better things in high school.. however xviper has a point lol... A + B = C... A=S2, B=Girl.... and you fill in C
Old 09-08-2001, 10:52 PM
Ray

Sure it will be a little bruised, and it may even get keyed, but the kind of attention you get with it is gonna be worth it.

I don't agree with parking it way out though. Cars parked out far become a prime target for break in or auto theft. Park it as close to the school security guard as you can. And never try to parallel park on the street near school. High school newbie drivers often park by feel.

As for audible alarms, use them if your school hasn't banned them yet. Probably won't help much though, unless you set it to ultra sensitive, in which case you'll have to come out of the class every 20 minutes to shut it off whenever a car with an aftermarket exhuast or an audio system goes by.

Looking back at my high school, a S2000 probably wouldn't have been that big a deal; and the people who keyed your car, you probably already know and hate. They don't key your car cause they're jealous, they key your car cause they hate and you and they want to hurt you.

Quick Reply: S2k and school...