S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2Ks in Italy

Old 01-06-2001, 03:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have to report that I just got back from a trip to Milan, Florence and Rome, and did not see a single S2K which makes them as rare as Ferraris which I also didn't see!

It snowed here in NY again yesterday. When I landed in Milan, they had 6 inches of the white stuff on the tarmac, which in recent years is unusual for Milan. So for all of us northern tier people from coast to coast, let it be known that Europe is getting dumped on as well. Great Britain - forget about it! Chicago with an accent!

I decided to use rail on this trip rather than drive so maybe that's the reason I didn't see too many interesting vehicles which during summer visits are prevalent on Italian highways. I did see a couple of Z3s and boxsters. Northern Italians love their BMWs and AUDIs. Big difference in car types and quality in Milan as opposed to places further south. Residents of Florence have placards for their windows and I noticed that these cars generally remained stationary. Gas prices??

My daughter swears she saw and I just missed seeing a Silver S2K in Milan but she likes to jerk my chain so I'm not sure that I can believe her. At least it was the right color!

---------------------------------------------

JO
Silver/red 01
At the rate snow is falling keeping the S2K in the garage, it may be 2002 before I vtec!
Old 01-06-2001, 03:49 AM

Originally posted by jo-s2k:
Chicago with an accent!
Que, does that mean Chicagoans?? speak with a mafiosi accent? I gues you mean lots of snow, mama mia?
Old 01-06-2001, 05:16 AM

no more than 200 S2000 were sold at the momentin Italy(a lot of them still in Dealer showrooms;selling price sticker or slightly discounted)
Roadsters in general ,by the way,are mainly used in summer and weekends.
I will be in Italy next week and I will use mine to go in Germany and to visit some of our suppliers.
Giampiero
Blue/black
Old 01-06-2001, 05:49 AM

Originally posted by jo-s2k:

My daughter swears she saw and I just missed seeing a Silver S2K in Milan but she likes to jerk my chain so I'm not sure that I can believe her. At least it was the right color!
Maybe she saw me!
I was in Milano on the night of the 1st and in the morning of the 2nd of january, and my s2000 is silver/red with black wheels.

Didn't see any stooks during my short trip in italy, but had a few encounters with mad Audi drivers on the highways : guys driving awfully fast on wet mountain autostradas (180-200km/h), I even had to let them pass me, since I had snow tires and my car was feeling unsafe at such speeds.
These tires helped me though when I had to drive up the Montgenevre pass (1850m) under heavy snowfall.
Old 01-06-2001, 03:55 PM

Hello Le Car,
What wheels/tires combination you use for winter driving?
Thanks,
Mike
Old 01-07-2001, 01:33 AM

Originally posted by mike2k:
Hello Le Car,
What wheels/tires combination you use for winter driving?
Thanks,
Mike
In fact, since I do not live in a snowy area, I just bought 2 rear tires for my snowboarding trips. They are Continental "contiwinter contact", the same exact size as the s02's, they cost me about 450 us$, and I consider this to be the worst spent money in my lifetime...
The car feels DANGEROUS at any speed, unstable in corners, unprecise at high speeds (over 190km/h)!
If I had found them I would have bought those :

unfortunately in france no one has ever heard of such devices, so I'll try to get them on my next trip to japan.

[This message has been edited by le car (edited January 07, 2001).]
Old 01-07-2001, 01:39 AM

Originally posted by le car: ...I just bought 2 rear tires...
Are you saying that you run winter tires on the rears only? If that is the case i understand your car is behaving strangely. That combination is a definite no-no, outright dangerous.
Old 01-07-2001, 02:04 AM

Originally posted by BassMan:
Are you saying that you run winter tires on the rears only? If that is the case i understand your car is behaving strangely. That combination is a definite no-no, outright dangerous.
I certainly should have spent a bit more money, or maybe just driving less agressively would have been a good idea... Anyway I'm switching back to my good'ol s02s now.
Old 01-07-2001, 02:13 AM
Muz
Former Sponsor

It blows me away that you tested those things at 190Km/Hr...hehe ..
Old 01-07-2001, 02:49 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Muz:
[B]It blows me away that you tested those things at 190Km/Hr...hehe ..

Quick Reply: S2Ks in Italy