S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Seat Thefts

Old 10-04-2005, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Thefts

After reading about all of the seat thefts I got curious as to whether color mattered. It wouldn't be accurate to just count stolen seats here because black is much more prevalent. But does anyone think the likelihood of getting red or blue seats is less than black? Just a food for thought sort of question.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:19 AM

no. it's like robbing a bank. it doesnt matter what bank, but what's most accessible.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:21 AM

Go to the gag shop and leave fake craps on the seats.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by SPLNDID,Oct 4 2005, 11:21 AM
Go to the gag shop and leave fake craps on the seats.
Hmmmm...

From a probability standpoint, I think you would be better off putting fake vomit on the seat (it might have to be custom fit). While fake crap might initially turn really dumb thiefs away, it shouldn't take too much brain power to realize that the crapper would have to have had no clothes on immediately prior to the deposit, whereas vomit needs no such pre-condition.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:54 AM

Put razor blades under the seats so if they do get stolen you have a good likelihood of DNA evidence!
Old 10-04-2005, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by bborzell,Oct 4 2005, 08:45 PM
Hmmmm...

From a probability standpoint, I think you would be better off putting fake vomit on the seat (it might have to be custom fit). While fake crap might initially turn really dumb thiefs away, it shouldn't take too much brain power to realize that the crapper would have to have had no clothes on immediately prior to the deposit, whereas vomit needs no such pre-condition.
its the crap that seaps through your pants.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by bborzell,Oct 4 2005, 12:45 PM
Hmmmm...

Excellent point!
The only way I'd drive nude is drunk. So, I'd have to cover the crap with a fake puke to make it more convincing. Make it look like salsa, cheetos, twinkies, corn chips, olives, and chunks of chicken. The poop will absolutely have to have corn in it as it is fall harvest time.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:39 PM

I figured since black seats go with anything and red seats are a ricer's dream then the blue Suzuka seats would be less prone to theft. But here in So. FL (stolen S2K seat capital) even the blue ones are being snatched up
Old 10-04-2005, 02:01 PM

im a new s2k owner... ive been seein a lot of posts about stolen seats? what tha hell? are these ending up in riced out crx's and civics?

are the cars (s2k's) as a whole bein stolen a lot? im in Tampa, FL...

does the key have a chip that needs a matching code from the engine computer to start the car?
Old 10-04-2005, 02:18 PM

and one more thing...
What are the opinions of the seat locks. I'm afraid that if someone slashes my top to get to my seats only to be foiled by the locks, the dirtbags will slash my seats, etc.
So, my stook is all natural. No locks. Granted I only drive it to work, the track, and for some lightening quick errands.

Quick Reply: Seat Thefts