S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/)
-   -   Seeking S2000 experts and gurus (maybe someone like Xviper...)!!! (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/seeking-s2000-experts-gurus-maybe-someone-like-xviper-145987/)

CutieBonny 08-28-2003 02:29 AM

Seeking S2000 experts and gurus (maybe someone like Xviper...)!!!

Hi,

So last Tuesday, I finally had a chance to take my S to a track to have a little fun with her. It was my first time. I learned that an S has a tendency to fish-tail in the corner if pushed hard.

Anyhoo, when I took her in a turn and pushed the gas too hard, the car spun; I lost control as it swerved left and right, then spun around a 180-degree turn. Well, then the engine died. I tried to turn it on the first few times but to no avail. Finally, after the first few times, it turned on, but very weakly. Now, it turns on normally, but doesn't seem to be driving right. I think it rattles more than usual, and runs a little rougher.

Now, here's where you experts/gurus come in: have I severely damaged anything? If so, what could they be--suspension, differential, engine, etc.? I'm taking it to a dealership to have them take a look at it today, but I'm afraid they won't be able to find anything wrong. So, who's better to ask than the owners themselves, right? Especially the ones who have plenty of track experience or knowledge in that department of mischief.

Well, gurus, please answer me if you have pretty good ideas of what might have occurred from that mishap. By the way, whoa! I was stunned; my heart stopped beating for a second. Please advise! I'm at work right now, so I'll be checking back once in a while before I take it to the dealership. Thank you! :thumbup:

jeffbrig 08-28-2003 03:55 AM

During/after the spin, did the car/tires roll backwards (reverse) while the clutch was engaged(in a drive gear)? I've heard it's bad for the car's momentum to push the engine backwards, but can't comment on specific damage.

SanMarinoCpe 08-28-2003 03:58 AM

Question: when you spun the car was the clutch in or out? and what kind of rattle do you hear and when do you hear it?

amongmany 08-28-2003 06:56 AM

Just for my own knowledge since I haven't YET been to the track, when in the situation, should one press the clutch or not? My gut reaction would be yes, but I wanted to confirm. sorry for the dumb question.

1337 S2K 08-28-2003 07:05 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by munckee
[B]Just for my own knowledge since I haven't YET been to the track, when in the situation, should one press the clutch or not?

Uncle Fester 08-28-2003 07:29 AM

[B]Just for my own knowledge since I haven't YET been to the track, when in the situation, should one press the clutch or not?

amongmany 08-28-2003 10:01 AM

That's what I thought. Thanks!

Fongu 08-28-2003 12:07 PM

I've read this, but don't really know how true this is ... so hopefully an expert will confirm.

If you end up rolling backwards from a sudden spin and don't clutch in fast enough you will stall the engine and spin it backwards. It momentarily suck exhaust. I think there will be some unburnt fuel thrown in there too. This would would foul the spark plugs. I suppose if it was severe enough you might have to swap out the spark plugs.

Woodson 08-28-2003 12:09 PM

FYI xviper is on vacation.

Road Rage 08-28-2003 02:19 PM