S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Sell modded S for stock?

Old 12-18-2014, 09:42 PM

Received 111 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Sell modded S for stock?

Has anyone had a highly modified S and gone back to stock?

My first S was a stock Laguna that I loved. I totaled it and bought an NFR I've modified fairly heavily with high spring rate suspension, exhaust, CR aero etc. tempted to sell it and go back to a stock Laguna. Curious if anyone has done this.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess it's all perspective, but I don't think your S is anywhere near 'heavily modified'. Go back to a stock S and you'll just find it to have a more forgiving ride and not be as loud. If that's what you want, go for it.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This is my first and only S I have ever owned. I do not plan on putting to maybe modifications because I know I will regret it and want to go back to stock. I did that mistake with my SI. I have it modded so heavily that it is no longer a enjoyable car, it is mostly a garage ornament

So I am hoping my past experience will keep me from putting to much money into my s2000, even tho it is a very bad addiction and hard to say no to nice parts lol.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I-vtec. Do you?
I guess it's all perspective, but I don't think your S is anywhere near 'heavily modified'. Go back to a stock S and you'll just find it to have a more forgiving ride and not be as loud. If that's what you want, go for it.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:46 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Doesn't sound heavily modded to me, but that's my opinion. Why don't you just de-mod the S you have it and return it back to stock?
Old 12-19-2014, 11:51 AM
Community Organizer

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by S2kgreg
Originally Posted by I-vtec. Do you?' timestamp='1418972446' post='23441812

I have done the same to my S2000 but thats not heavily modified to me. Put your Stock exhaust back on and you will be good man.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:15 PM

Mine is bone stock and I intend to keep it that way. Almost anytime I've modded a car in the past, I've regretted it. I put an intake on my RSX. It whistled all the time and was obnoxiously loud once VTEC kicked in (yo). I put an exhaust on my RS4. It sounded amazing when I was out having fun. But for daily driving, the drone was awful. They were both great cards and I should've left well enough alone. Besides, over the long term, a purely stock car is worth more than a modded car - unless you manage to find a buyer that really likes your personal taste in mods.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:53 PM

I think my s2k will stay stock, we'll see. I've regretted going overboard on the diesels I've had, but every mod on my evo, I really enjoy, so far. If I do anything to the Honda, turbo kit.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:17 PM

Received 111 Likes on 71 Posts

Maybe heavily modified was the wrong words. I just remember how much I loved the S when I first got it and now I have conflicted feelings about the money I've put in it being worth it. I spoke with a friend this morning who took his car back to stock to sell and realized just how fun it is stock and ended up keeping it. I want to sell because I want another Laguna blue and a lot lower mileage.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by maranelloboy05
Maybe heavily modified was the wrong words. I just remember how much I loved the S when I first got it and now I have conflicted feelings about the money I've put in it being worth it. I spoke with a friend this morning who took his car back to stock to sell and realized just how fun it is stock and ended up keeping it. I want to sell because I want another Laguna blue and a lot lower mileage.

Over the years, I have listened to many fellow enthusiasts lament modding their S2Ks - at least when they started with a pristine, stock car. I am amazed at the number of other S2K'ers that drool over my car at meets. It's just a clean, low mileage, 100% stock S2K.

I would have no problem with mods on an older S2k that was already kinda beat, for track duty or whatnot.

Quick Reply: Sell modded S for stock?