S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

should of honda braugt the S2000 in the Acura line?

Old 04-29-2003, 06:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should of honda braugt the S2000 in the Acura line?

Hey after reading this long thread
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...50&pagenumber=1

about the s2000 not receiving the respect in deserved, do you think this issue would have been resloved if it would have come out in the acura line. I do think it would have give it the little edge of prestige it is messing to compete against cars like porsche, slk, z4 (only in name and prestige, wow factor)but then again it wouldn't be the real thing, the real honda emblem and the real honda steering wheel.

I was at my acura dealer 1 month ago to show him my new s2000 ( we are good friends) and he also sayed that car should have been ours, dont understand why honda got it?

in my mind I'm happy honda got it, makes it more JDM.

what do you think?
Old 04-29-2003, 07:02 AM

I agree.

I would rather have a Honda NSX as well.
Old 04-29-2003, 07:22 AM

i love honda and am proud of what i own. im not like other people who want a car to show their status in society. if the s2k was under acura, it would be the same car but be more expensive just because of the acura emblem on the front hood and trunk. it is not worth it.

btw, the people who take the "H" emblem off their cars and trying to conceal the fact that they own a honda make me sick.
Old 04-29-2003, 07:24 AM

Received 78 Likes on 31 Posts

There are some car buffs at HRA that told me Honda wanted to intentionally badge the S2000 as a Honda to complement and enhance the image of Honda. There are surprisingly a great deal of consumers that don't have a clue that Acura is made by Honda. If all they wanted to do is sell more S2000s, then you're right. But they're not trying that hard. They have done limited marketing, and they probably could have sold many more if they produced more to sell since its inception.

Look at it this way; General Motors could have badged the Vette under Cadillac, or even Pontiac, but they chose Chevy. It certainly helps the image of Chevy IMO.
Old 04-29-2003, 07:24 AM

not everybody takes the emblems off to conceal it s not a honda...

I took them off because it gives the car a cleaner look, i even took off all the emblems off my old bmw, all of them, shaved the hood, the thrunk, wheels and changed the steering wheel.
Old 04-29-2003, 07:36 AM

Do you think the dumber Acura drivers get pissed when they open the hood and see Honda stickers everywhere?

Oops I forgot, if they're that dumb, they probably don't know how to open the hood. (.....you mean the oil goes in the engine?.....)
Old 04-29-2003, 08:25 AM

Pricing may also be an issue.
If they badged it as an Acura they would have to add more accessories.
Headed seats/side air bags
the 4 yr warranty
traction control
probably would make the S2000's MSRP over $36000
and it probably wouldn't help Acura in the name of reliablity
Old 04-29-2003, 08:31 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RazorV3
[B]i love honda and am proud of what i own.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:40 AM

My girlfriend has an RSX. I'm thinking of rebadging it as a Honda.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:55 AM

i ran into an old HS friend in a older nsx, and I was in the S. he said, nice honda (in a nice way) and I said, nice acura...he said, hey, it's a honda too. hehe, thought that was cool. I mean in japan, do they have an acura nsx, I think not (i could be mistaken). ignorant people can remain not knowing, for those that know, it's really cool.

I am one of those people that took the H badges off, not to conceal, but like someone said, I like the flatter clean look of the S badges. I still have the steering wheel H. the wheels are aftermarket. I liked the H's as well, but the S's are SOOO clean looking to me.

Should the S be an acura, nope. it is a relatively unknown honda, and ain't it cool that way???

Quick Reply: should of honda braugt the S2000 in the Acura line?