S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Single or Dual (exhaust)

Old 06-03-2004, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single or Dual (exhaust)

So what do you think? Part of me wants an exhaust that gives me the most power gain for the $$$ and the other part of me wants something that looks good. My decision is between: Fujitsubo, Spugen Dual Oval, Invidia and the new T1R. I want something louder than stock with good power gain, but not something obnoxious. I had a pretty loud exhaust on my Miata with a header and although it sounded awesome, it got old.

Fujitsubo: Very nice looking exhaust. I'm not too crazy about the tips. They're a little small IMO, but the polished mufflers are very attractive and from what a read, it's got a nice sound to it (not too obnoxious). HP gain: 3.5ish?

Spugen Dual Oval: I like this exhaust very much. However, price is a bit high for an exhaust that is not full stainless. With the Invidia at $620 and the Fujitsubo at about $750, I don't want to pay $660 for something with more of a chance of rusting. I read it's a little loud/droney, but sounds good. The oval tips are attractive IMO. HP gain: 5hp??

Invidia: I like the way it looks. Tips are just the right size, but cans are a little small ( I like bigger cans ). The only real downer is that I read it's very loud. I don't want to have to run the silencers.

T1R: This is the only single I'd consider because it looks good, it's cheap, it gives good power gains and I read that it is not too loud. It even comes with a test pipe. I'm not one who is going to spend $2000 on an exhaust for this car, especially since it's leased. The only reason I'm on the fence with a single is because I'm not sure how I'm going to like having a void in the left side of my bumper. At least the AP1 guys have a bumper filler available. We don't. I'm sure I'd "get over it" after having it like that for some time, but I'm just afraid it's going to look stupid.

Honestly, I think I am leaning towards the T1R.

Kris
Old 06-03-2004, 08:15 PM

since the MY04 bumpers are shaped the way they are, i recommend a dual than single. if you go single, it will look too obvious...but with the AP1's you can easily hide that other gap.

as far as performance goes, single IS the way to go.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:51 AM

Single is the way to go for performance and weight savings, but dual just looks better!

I'm beginning to research exhausts, and I'm looking at the Invidia, Comptech and possibly Mugen. I'm not so sure about the Spugen due to the rusting issues and not being fully SS. I'd love a titanium exhaust, but I'm not going to spend that kind of money.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:58 AM

What about Comptech??
Old 06-04-2004, 05:38 AM

I believe the better choice out of the duals would be the Fujitsubo in terms of looks and sound. I've heard it personally and sounds real good Power gains are not bad either.

I'd stay away from Invidia (waaaaaaay too loud for my taste, but is does sound MEAN) and Spugen.

I would totally reccomend T1R (bias cause I had one ) but you're right about the AP1 being able to cover the left side compared to the 04's. The single DOES make the most power gains than the duals though. So I believe the choice you should make is whether you can deal the power of a single (and that damn void) compared to the looks of a dual.

When i was in the market for an exhaust my choice was narrowed down to either the T1R or the Fujitsubo. I finally picked the T1R. At that time no one had it in my area and i wanted to try something different. One of the best decisions I ever made But in the end my Feel's rear was put on and I sold the T1R cause that void finally got to me and the Feel's needed a dual in order for it to look right .

Btw I got a vid of the T1R on my car if you need it. Just pm me and I'll send it to you. I hope that helps.

Charles
Old 06-04-2004, 07:04 AM

I hear some of you say that single is the way to go more hp, bla bla bla. I just recently installed the jic single exhaust and honestly I haven't notice a thing. It weighs about 17 pounds.