S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Solution for Squeaky Seat Belts - Picts inside

Old 06-22-2003, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solution for Squeaky Seat Belts - Picts inside

Hi,

Over the past few months I've been dealing with a seat belt sqeak that wouldn't go away.
There are a few solutions that people have mentioned on the board but somewhat difficult to understand without any graphical information.

I took the task under my hands today and I am very happy to inform everyone that there is a very very cheap way to rid of this seat belt squeak once and for all.

Tools: Philips Screw Driver, Scissors, Felt Tape.

As shown in this image the plastic seat belt holder and the leather seats are rubbing, which cause the annoying squeaking sound.

Place a strip of felt tape (1/4") between the leather and the seat belt holder.

Once the seat belt holder is replaced you can see that the felt tape extends about 1/8" from the seat belt holder and eliminates the rubbing.

Hope this helps!
Old 06-22-2003, 06:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So is it the belt or the holder rubs? This sounds so simple.
Old 06-22-2003, 06:53 PM

my seatbelt doesnt make a rubbing sound, but the passenger side metal buckle make a really annoying vibration sound against the side of the car. its really really annoying- i think i have to adjust the seat position to stop that, but then the chair vibrates if i move it too far back. can you fix that too?
Old 06-22-2003, 07:26 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by REV IT
[B]my seatbelt doesnt make a rubbing sound, but the passenger side metal buckle make a really annoying vibration sound against the side of the car. its really really annoying- i think i have to adjust the seat position to stop that, but then the chair vibrates if i move it too far back.
Old 06-22-2003, 07:27 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Incubus
[B]So is it the belt or the holder rubs?
Old 06-22-2003, 08:31 PM

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by REV IT
[B]my seatbelt doesnt make a rubbing sound, but the passenger side metal buckle make a really annoying vibration sound against the side of the car. its really really annoying- i think i have to adjust the seat position to stop that, but then the chair vibrates if i move it too far back.
Old 06-22-2003, 08:45 PM
Administrator

Nice post sebrings2k.

I have the same noise but never did "get the picture" until now.

Thanks!
Old 06-22-2003, 11:11 PM

Yeah, to stop the keys from hitting the column. That's genious. You know what, I'm putting something on the radio door so that my fingers don't take off the armor all I put on there.
Old 06-22-2003, 11:27 PM

I'm gonna go ahead and state that I spelled genius wrong on purpose. Just so there's no confusion. (right)
Old 06-23-2003, 02:29 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally posted by sebrings2k
its the hard plastic holder rubbing against the leather, not the seat belt itself.
Not in my case. The seat belt was rubbing against the seam of the leather. I have a red interior and it 'burnt' the seam with friction. I did the same thing as you except I used a piece of plastic covered in the same leather I used for my leather products. It extend about 10mm forward of the seat belt holder and covers the seam.

Quick Reply: Solution for Squeaky Seat Belts - Picts inside