S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Soon to be completed- 2 weeks

Old 11-07-2006, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soon to be completed- 2 weeks

Well, I posted some pics up on the site asking for peoples advice on my car...how it looked, what i could do to make it more appealing. Basically, it was my first attempt of modding a car and I apparently got too carried away(more isnt always better). The engine bay was awful...had blue everywhere. Fog lights that didnt flow right and a front lip that didnt match the skirts. Here are some pics

This is the recreated engine, I think it works well with the blue strut and just a few accents, changed out a lot of blue for some silver.... but tell me what you think

Anyways...My car gets slammed in the rear by a truck, about 5 days after I made the original post...and for about 6 months ago now its been in and out the shop(its taken forever...a lot due to 4 month shipping time for BYS kit and a lazy insurance company- Farmers sucks), and I decided to make some changes while it was in repair. I kept the BYS side and back, even though some didnt like it(I think it looks really nice though- matches the hood and grill).
But, I swapped the OEM front for the more aggressive BYS.
Took the headlights and remounted them behind the front grill on either side of license plate.
Re adjusted front(I had bumped a wall, it was a bit off)
Inserted grill inserts where the fog lights were
And refinished the engine to be more appealing(atleast to me)

Im picking it up Thanksgiving time or before. Ill have some pics up for you guys to check out, and tell me what you think.
Later
Old 11-07-2006, 10:46 PM

Where did you get your cover for the front brace under the hood? The one with the holes in it. I likey!
Old 11-08-2006, 03:38 AM

I think I got it from ricks a long while back...when they used to sell the billet accessories.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:45 AM

you have too much going on in the engine bay...sometimes less is better.or atleast polish that valve cover.

peace
Old 11-08-2006, 05:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ENTHRALLED,Nov 8 2006, 04:45 AM
you have too much going on in the engine bay...sometimes less is better.or atleast polish that valve cover.

peace
I partially agree. I think you should tone it down with the blue...even though you obviously already did from what you told us. IMO the exterior isn't bad at all. This is one of the first s2k's I've seen that I actually like the OEM wing and not just the spoiler. Some of the mods you did are a bit dramatic for me...but if that's what you like then that's all that counts man. I'd like to see some updated pics.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:10 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I didn't even know they made an oem wing like that, looks pretty nice though I can see why some say that the oem from doesn't match the side skirts. It goes too abruptly from smooth/rounded to lower and stark lines.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AssassinJN,Nov 8 2006, 07:10 AM
I didn't even know they made an oem wing like that
Yeah, it's on hardtopguy I believe. Cherry04 has one.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by DDuds2k,Nov 8 2006, 04:38 AM
I think I got it from ricks a long while back...when they used to sell the billet accessories.
Yeah, too much going on in the engine bay! You need to sell me your shiny brace cover. Hahhaaa Just kidding...looks great!
Old 11-08-2006, 08:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mgp 2675,Nov 8 2006, 08:30 AM
Yeah, it's on hardtopguy I believe. Cherry04 has one.
That wings not OEM, it's either a Feels or Feels style wing.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:54 AM

ya...the rear spoiler is Feels.
The front spoiler is OEM, and im replacing it with a BYS
But I like the polished valve cover idea. Gonna have to look into that...what do i have to do...just get a little hand polisher(like the oens they use on tile floors )...Ive never eally known how they do that.

Quick Reply: Soon to be completed- 2 weeks