S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

stook in movie role??

Old 01-11-2001, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering if any of you have been approached by anyone wanting to use your car in a movie..Because it happened to me yesterday..one of my friends friend is in the movie business and he wants to offer me 200 bucks a day and the use of a cadillac escalade for my stook for a couple of days..Patrick Muldoon would be the driver of it..kinda neat but I had to decline after talking to some friends..I asked if there would be damage, the guy told me that he wouldn't lie and tell me 'no' because sometimes people aren't careful and some scratches or dents do occur but they would fix it all. Ahh..the money would have been nice but i don't think i could be away from my stook and leave it in someone else's hands for a couple of days..plus, i don't know if some of those 'best boys' are going to take it out for joyrides and stuff..And also it would have probably covered a payment or two but I guess i'm not desperate for the money so whatever!.. What would you guys have done??
Old 01-11-2001, 12:30 PM

I probably would have let them do it but I would have made sure I had the Repair clause in writing.

Slightly off-topic. The blue Corvette convertible in Con-Air was my friends. He sold the whole car to them for a hefty price because they destroyed it. Still breaks him up to watch the movie.
Old 01-11-2001, 01:50 PM

go over it together with an independent mechanic before hand. have a contract that specifies anything the mechanic finds in the post usage inspection will be repaired in full and paid for in full or, if in your sole discretion the damage is too significant, a new car will be purchased for you. and, of course, you want credit in the film.

tell them $200/day PLUS they buy you (and pay for the install of) a Comptech Supercharger.

grin

-c
Old 01-11-2001, 01:56 PM

Read an article awhile back on some people that regularly rent their cars to studios for TV and movies. Some of them do pretty well with it. They said that studios don't keep many cars of their own to use and the car companies aren't as big at pushing to get theirs into the movies so they don't provide as many that way.

On a side note there was some Saturday Night live type movie that I rented about a year ago (can't remember what it was called or about) but just about every scene outside had the same new VW Bug in it in the background.

-Trevor http://www.HandA-Accessories.com
Old 01-11-2001, 04:10 PM

My brother and a couple of his friends are making a movie as a senior project in the spring. He asked me if he could borrow my S2000 because the movie is going to be about street racing. FUNNY! No way am I going to let him and his friends touch it especially since they don't know how to drive stick. I told him to go ask our friend to borrow his Toyota Supra TT, no way in hell is that going to happen.
Old 01-11-2001, 05:10 PM
Former Moderator

I would rent my car out for sure. Assuming it was Jennifer Love Hewitt driving and a date was in the contract
Old 01-11-2001, 05:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

In addition to car rental fee, repairs, and detailing, you should be able to charge for your services to supervise and care for the car on set.
Old 01-11-2001, 07:57 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

They make movies in Canada? Do they speak english?
ROFLOL...
Old 01-11-2001, 08:59 PM

yah..they just started..and after we finish speaking our kanadian EH!, we go back into our igloos and leave our cars wherever because we need our dog sleds to get around..
haha..this is hollywood north babee!..
Old 01-11-2001, 11:09 PM

Actually most Canadians use sign language in the winter because it is too cold most days to talk outside. Summer we speak American (English on the other side of the pond).

Did you know they have only a winter road built with packed snow that goes to the Arctic Ocean (this one IS true, people!)?!

Quick Reply: stook in movie role??