S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Supercharged With Aftercooler Hot!!

Old 11-28-2001, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharged With Aftercooler Hot!!

Take a look at the link below. It shows my Supercharged S2K with aftercooler by Vortech. I tried to post earlier but wasn't quite sure how to do the links for the pix. So Clive Weeks a fellow S2KI member set up this link. THANKS CLIVE! My buddie works at Vortech and they used my car as a project car. SWEEETT! The guys were so cool and they did an awesome job. I wanted more HP like all of you and didn't want to settle for a few ponies more. I wanted to notice the difference. So on the golf course one day I suggested to my buddie that they use my car as a project car because only a few companies offer anything. They didn't take the hook. So I kept trying and trying. Then one day I get en email from him. "When can you get your car down here?" They wanted to put something together for the just passed SEMA show in Vegas. So after some hard thinking ( about 2 seconds ) I returned his email and said, "I'm on the way." They had my car for about 6 weeks. Funny thing happened after it was done. I had the car on display in Vegas ( I work at Bend-Pak Inc. ) and a guy comes up and says, "Holy Cow", I never heard of the 2000S model. Does that mean it comes with the supercharger? I scratched my head and didn't quite understand. Then he pointed it out. During the work, a guy at Vortech scratched the front fender and they were kind enough to take it the body shop and have the whole fender painted. Well the guys at the body shop put back the emblems in reverse. So instead of S2000 it says 2000S. Too funny. I think I will leave it that way just to keep people guessing. The motor runs sweet. Still not dyno-ed yet but I can tell you it hauls ass. Stopped by the Honda dealer and a salesguy said "Dude, you gotta take me for a spin!" So he got it and I went around the corned on a quiet street then lit em up. I was almost scared myself. It didn't want to stop burnin so I had to let off. He grabbed the dash and his eyes were wide open. That was really the first time I launched it with the SC. Launced at about 3500K. I'm not sure how much the kit will cost. They havent offered it yet. They have a new 02 model that they are playing with. My buddie says that it doesn't run as good as mine. Mine has about 42K on odo.
Well gotta go. My kids spilled OJ on keypad and the keys are sticking. I am getting so @$%#&*+&%$!!! frustrated.

P.S. The licence plate was my wifes idea. She said as_hole was already taken. Now I tell all the other fart pipe imports that it is the last thing they will see when I pass them.

Ciao!

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?...14037688&f=null
Old 11-28-2001, 09:22 PM

Nice man! Dyno it yet?
Old 11-28-2001, 09:33 PM

i think he said he hasn't dynoed it yet.

love to see the results.
Old 11-29-2001, 02:13 AM

Vortech definitely does quality work..... thats one serious
looking engine compartment... nice wheels too!

Man I want to know when its available and the bucs!!!

Can't wait to see the Dyno.......
Old 11-29-2001, 07:00 AM

Dyno that puppy!
Old 11-29-2001, 07:39 AM
Former Moderator

alright heres the deal. you go get off your ass and find a Comptech S/Ced S2000, like maybe Wes and you two race damnit. If you can't dyno it for a while yet you could at least go race another fast S2000. What the hell go race Derrick. I want to know more. PLEASE keep us posted as to any kills (or loses ) you may have. L8er
VTECnology
Old 11-29-2001, 08:01 AM

I want a 2000S!!!
I would believe that the Vortech setup will produce more HP than the current Comptechs setup. Since Comptech doesn't have an aftercooler setup yet.
Old 11-29-2001, 08:22 AM

Not to be rude, but why not tell us something we dont know
Old 11-30-2001, 02:16 PM

Would the vortech setup help with the torque on the low RPM end?? I know derycck said that the turbo helped out at the low end.
Old 11-30-2001, 02:18 PM

He`s in my area, I`ll race him

Ryan

Quick Reply: Supercharged With Aftercooler Hot!!