S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Tire flat???

Old 06-12-2002, 07:11 AM
SinD

Default Tire flat???

OK soooo I wake up this morning and my tire's flat.. I don't know WHY.... I don't know HOW! I put some air in it and now it's fine? Wondering if this has happened to anyone else w/stock tires. (NO i didn't run over anything i'm very careful about avoiding pot holes too!)
Old 06-12-2002, 07:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Punk kids?
Old 06-12-2002, 07:15 AM
SinD

The lil black covers for the tire (where u put air in-sorry having a blonde moment or 2) were all in tack!
Old 06-12-2002, 07:20 AM

I checked my right front tire one day about 2 months ago and found it at 18 psi...pretty low.
Added air and it's been fine since. I keep a pen-sized pressure guage in the car and am pretty careful about checking -- it's hard to tell just by looking.
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cindy, check your tire for perhaps a small nail that could of leaked the air out overnight. If so, just simply take it to any gas station and tire shop and have them put a plug in it (no more than $5 to do).

The only thing else I can think of is some stupid asshole was messing with your car?
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

could be a very slow leak
Old 06-12-2002, 07:26 AM
SinD

I'm going to check it out before I head home from work, I'm right next to a gas station so I'll be fine.. my dad gave me the pressure gage so I'm good to go. I don't think I ran over anything? Yet I could have a nail? Anyways I would have to take the tire to the auto shop to get replaced on sat when I have a chance to go and thanks mav I know it should be about $5 if something is wrong with it. I know when I had my civic the night before my dad was checking the pressure on my tires and woke up the next morning w/no air in it. He just bent the air intake and it leaked slowly through the night after that it was fine. I guess it's a wait and see process...
Old 06-12-2002, 11:24 AM

C-3 posted somewhere that he used to open people's valves and place a small pebble in it and close it to let the air out of their tires.

This was a very long time ago.
Old 06-12-2002, 02:43 PM

I have another question as one of my tires has a slow leak. Do the tire shops that plug the tire scratch up the rims? I have chromed rims and I use to take my old car to get a tire plugged every once in a while and I noticed that they always pulled my tire off will a crow bar. Would this scratch the rim? I had hub caps on my old car so it wasn't an issue, but I don't know if I should take the chance with my baby.
Old 06-12-2002, 03:55 PM

I just had my tire patched and they didn't scratch the rim. Take it to America's Tire Company in Torrance and they'll fix it for free. Just ask fro arnel. He's a fellow S2K owner.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ddelaros
[B]I have another question as one of my tires has a slow leak.

Quick Reply: Tire flat???