S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Update from Snowless T.O.

Old 11-23-2000, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, Buffalo got 3 feet of snow, we got.... NOTHING!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Therefore, GR8-S2K is still on the road. A brief update for my TO buddies:

First off, yes, I got my seatbelt recall notice. It will be done at the same time as my tranny (1-2 crunch). The good news on that is that I got a call from Honda Canada Customer Service, letting me know that the Canadian Technical Service Bulletin on the 1-2crunch was out, I'd be the first one to get it fixed (my car has been BAD in that respect - although everything else is great ).

I've been taking my car to Dalts, have been somewhat underwhelmed by their service. What to do? I called up my buddies at Downtown Acura for some Honda dealer advice (my winter car is a '90 Legend LS - great car, by the way). They recommended Centre Honda, because they're the biggest Honda dealer and have the biggest service department in TO (and they're good). The service manager's name is Howie (coincidence? I think NOT!). Anyway, that's where I'll get my warrantee work done.

Next, I've installed my Rick's leather centre console and shift boot. Boy, are they NICE! Highly recommended.

I have also received my roofwell mat from Oz (aus). It's resting on the dining room table; I'll install it once it finishes flattening out. The material and build quality are excellent.

I have to wait until next Tuesday (arghhh!) to get me stereo upgrade installed at Kromer's; I bought a pair of Focal 165K's (fabulous 2-way separates) and a used Nakamichi 4-channel amplifier, both through eBay (I *LOVE* eBay!). Will post opinion on results once the install is completed.

Finally, I bought (through eBay again!) a set of Fiamm triple air horns. No more Mr. Nice Guy!!! BTW, for the real maniacs out there, there's a guy on eBay selling chrome-plated TRAIN HORNS! All you need is 16" of under-hood space to install them, and you too can make rude Corvette drivers lose bowel control!

(OK, P.C. addendum - there's lots of nice Corvette drivers out there too!)

Howard
Old 11-23-2000, 04:00 PM
doh

GR8-S2K

Just a heads up on Centre Honda. I bought my silver/black there and introduced a friend who also bought a silver/red S2000 there. Yet that fact did not stop them from treating like crap, especially after the salesman who sold me the car left the dealership.

Also, that was the place that put 600 km on my car when I dropped it off for a week and a half to get some body work done after some lady ran into my parked S2000. They swore up and down it wasn't them but who the else could it be? I was in Houston on business for the whole time they had my car.

Centre Honda was also the place that took off my atennae for some reason and did not put it back on. After weeks of hounding them, they ordered me a new one. I finally found the damn thing 2 months later in well where the spare tire is kept.

That said, they did an excellent job on the body work. Bear in mind though that it was the bodyshop department of Centre Honda that was responsible for the above and not the service department. Nevertheless, I was tired of their BS service overall and now get all of my work done at Action Honda in Scarborough. The service there has been very good.

Doh
Old 11-23-2000, 06:22 PM
Former Moderator

The service thing seems to be a real pain in the ass for everybody. I bought and serviced my car at Sisley. They were terrible, so now I take it to Newmarket Honda with better results. Howard are getting the tweeters mounted like Ron? Kromer did a great job on his car. As for the weather...looks like it's gonna be a great weekend. Maybe we can all keep our cars out till spring starts!. Take care. Good luck with the repairs.

Mike
Old 11-23-2000, 07:06 PM

I know it might be a trek, but Whitby-Oshawa Honda has always treated me like royalty before and after both of my vehicles were purchased there.

I have always been pleased with their service dept.

Good luck, Howard and let us know how it all goes...
Old 11-24-2000, 02:01 AM

Oh well, back to the drawing board on dealer selection. After hearing about Huy's experience, there's no way that the car goes to Centre Honda (however I agree about their body shop - I'vee had good experience with them in years past).

I think what I'm going to do is contact the Honda regional service rep. If anyone knows the inside poop on these guys, he's the one. I'll post an update after I've talked to him.

Re the tweeters: They're going to be mounted at the very bottom of the "A" pillar, actually firing upwards (and inwards), reflecting off the windshield. I'm using my own template for the holes; it's basically a circular pattern. The technician at Kromer liked it; I've already got the plastic bits off, ready for drilling this weekend.

I've seen other postings here showing speaker holes a little further up on the "A" pillar, facing inward. That spot is actually occupied by the vent pipe for the side window defogger, a necessary evil if you ever drive in the rain. You couldn't mount the speaker there unless you removed the vent pipe (or radically altered it - too much $ for me).

Roncone, where did your tweeters go?
Old 11-24-2000, 06:12 AM

Wow Howard,
Sounds like your busy in S2000 land. A console cover here, a roof liner there, not to mention stepping up for the tranny fix. Topping things off with the stereo was smooth touch indeed. Anyone here want to place bets on Howard making it through the winter. Your torchering yourself doing all this right before you put it away
All joking aside it sounds great! In fact I've been inspired to start playing with mine over the winter months as well. I'll get my Bostons reinstalled etc.

Geordie
P.S. if anyone feels so inclined I'll have mine out for one last Zing this weekend (if the weather permits)
Old 11-24-2000, 04:39 PM

I'm there! I haven't driven the Stook in 3 weeks!

It's supposed to be a "warm" weekend!

Howard: Didn't you see my tweeters? (ok everyone... get your minds out of the gutter)

Ron
Old 11-24-2000, 05:13 PM

Originally posted by Roncone:
Howard: Didn't you see my tweeters?
Sorry, I haven't had the pleasure
actually, I don't remember hearing your stereo after enhancements. Wanna get together for coffee tomorrow?

Old 11-24-2000, 05:20 PM

Okay, here's the latest poop from my Honda Regional Service Manager (Walter Gizler - email me if you need his phone number). Most dealers have at least one or two excellent mechanics. Dalt's has a very meticulous guy by the name of Manuel; he comes highly recommended by Walter, so that will be where I probably go.

I passed on the -ive comments about Centre Honda. Walter didn't believe it; Huy, you need to tell your story to Honda Canada Customer Service. Centre Honda isn't Walter's territory (I guess he gets west of Yonge Street), so you might want to find out who the Honda Regional Service Manager is for Centre Honda.

BTW, NO-ONE will tell you about the TSB for 1-2gear grind. You gotta ask for it. First, talk to your dealer. When they say "huh?", call Honda Canada Customer Service, and tell them you've complained at the dealer, they didn't know, but you understand that there's a TSB out.

Old 11-25-2000, 07:47 PM
Former Moderator

Well I picked up my 01 Accord coupe yesterday. today I found out that the passenger window dosen't work to well. Is this a Honda conspiracy? So while I took my car back to service I asked them about the TSB. Duhhh no idea. So with the weather as it was ( not great ) I drove the S around all day today. Maybe squeek in the Monday and I think thats gonna be it for S2K driving. I hate winter!
Mike

Quick Reply: Update from Snowless T.O.