S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Voodoo shift knob arrived, but..........

Old 02-23-2004, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Voodoo shift knob arrived, but..........

I've ordered a voodoo shift knob from rick's accessories and it finally arrived today. I've order an ENGRAVED SPUN ALUMINUM MAGNUM knob, however, when i took it out of the box, there was a thin rubber like material in red cover the 85% of the shift knob and seems the gear mark was engraved on this rubber film, not into the metal knob it self. I've tried to call the ricks accessories, but no one answers, I will also try to email them and find out what's going on? in the mean time, does anyone know what's going on? or it's just the way it suppose to be? if that's the case, i would like to ask for exchange, i don't really want to hold a knob cover with rubber..... i want that metal feeling.

thanks for the help
Old 02-23-2004, 01:20 PM

Hmmm.... Peel the rubber stuff off and see if the engraving is underneath. Maybe the rubber is there for shipping protection?
Old 02-23-2004, 01:25 PM
R11

Just a WAG, but I'll bet the knobs are dipped in the protective coating prior to the engraving so that the rest of the knob stays pristine while the laser work is being done. Cut the edge of the coating and peel it off...

ron
Old 02-23-2004, 01:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I got mine there was an instruction sheet that not only explained that this was how they protected the ball when it was engraved, they also explained how to remove it and wash the knob...
Old 02-23-2004, 01:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Our engraved shift knobs are dipped in a protective coating before they are laser engraved and sand blasted.

Looks like this;

Many of our customers like to paint the engraved portion of the Voodoo with this masking on. We had many requests to ship with the masking still in place.

Peel this protective coating back to reveal your Laser etched Team Voodoo Shift Knob in all of it's glory!

Regards,
James

PS. I never received a message from you. Our 800 number is a voice mail, call forwarding center. I've answered about a dozens calls (voicemails actually) today. I get a text message whenever we have a call. I don't recall getting one from you. Please leave a message next time. If I'm not in a rehearsal, I'll call you right back. I'm a professional musician by day, no phones allowed on our stands
Old 02-23-2004, 01:35 PM

...plus, if you want to paint the shift pattern, you can spray directly over the rubber=covered knob (that's what I did) then peel off the rubber.

EDIT: looks like we posted at the same time James...
Old 02-23-2004, 01:40 PM
Former Sponsor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Luft46
...plus, if you want to paint the shift pattern, you can spray directly over the rubber=covered knob
Old 02-23-2004, 01:46 PM

classic case of RTFM.
Old 02-23-2004, 01:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh forcryin out loud....

What's that commercial - if it weren't for us, some guys would just starve?
Old 02-23-2004, 01:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Quick Reply: Voodoo shift knob arrived, but..........