S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Why doesnt anyone make a Subtle fender flare?

Old 10-18-2004, 01:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Why doesnt anyone make a Subtle fender flare?

This is something that has really bugged me for a while now.

There do not seem to be any conservative fender flares for our car. ASM makes a set but these no doubt cost like 8 bajillion yen. Mastergrade of course makes a crazy flare kit but its too extreme for me.

You can see these flares all the time on M3's and NSX's but there isnt a commonly made kit for the S. It seems like it would be very easy and relatively cheap to make. I would think Mastergrade could crank out a set without blinking. The trick is to give a very mild ~1-2 inch flare to allow for a more aggressive offset.

Am I on crack or does this not seem like an obvious thing...?
Old 10-18-2004, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you are right on man... i want a SLEEK widebody kit.. even something like the c-west dry carbon fenders which flare out a tiny bit more than stock (but not in such outrageously expensive material) and keep the lines of the car even more than the mastergrade.. i don't even care about offsets cause i just went through all the hassle of buying rims that fit (17 inch volk Le28n) but i could throw a small spacer on there to fill the fenders
Old 10-18-2004, 02:11 PM

umm. there is a gt3 kit... i have to find the link... it's hard to find for some odd reason...
Old 10-18-2004, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by blue03s2k,Oct 18 2004, 04:11 PM
umm. there is a gt3 kit... i have to find the link... it's hard to find for some odd reason...
If you're thinking of the one that they show on a suzuka S2k, its ugly (IMO).

Do you guys want a full replacement fender, or just a flare that can be added to the stock fenders with a little body work?
Old 10-18-2004, 02:33 PM

guys come on now.. i don't want my beautiful s2000 to look like a chopped up riced out civic.. i want to keep the lines that are already there.. ONLY add a tiny bit of width to the flare of the fenders.. god this thing is ugly imo.. i would post my pics but for somereason i have lost my album privledges.. this site is weird i posted 4 pictures the other day why can't i post any now? i guess i need a membership..
Old 10-18-2004, 02:35 PM

they sell it at www.aitracing.com

to aitracing, if you dont' want me to post these pics in here, just tell me and i'll gladly take them off...
Old 10-18-2004, 02:37 PM

yuck

are those adr wheels? on an s2k... omg people.. come on
Old 10-18-2004, 02:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That AIT kit is exactally what I do not want.

These are common things to see on BMWs it doesnt change the line of the car other than make the stance wider the flare starts and finishes in line with the OEM wheel well.

As I said ASM makes a set of these that would be perfect but their products are beyond expensive. Ill try to dig for pictures.

Sigh I cant search for ASM because it's too short and the picture of the Z4 I was looking for is no longer online.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:56 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

A little more flare in the back would be nice
Old 10-18-2004, 02:59 PM

I would love to have a wider tyre (+285's on 17") at the back, lowered by an inch tucked in nicely under a wider fender without rubbing. Will compensate for the shitty smooth tarmac roads we have here.

Quick Reply: Why doesnt anyone make a Subtle fender flare?