S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Wrecked S200

Old 08-25-2011, 06:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hopefully people will also take maintenance and tracking seriously as well.

Originally Posted by bronxbomber252
as for the AP1 comment, it is not a fair comparison, AP1's are cheaper so there will be a higher proportion of young and stupid folks driving them.
It is what it is. Fair is irrelevant.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gigdy
Car got wrecked so bad they lost a 0.
Good catch that what I thought. They should be S20 instead of S200
Old 08-25-2011, 08:04 AM

can't fix that mistake ...
Old 08-25-2011, 10:53 AM

Would love to have the back glass out of that hardtop.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:03 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JLUDE
Originally Posted by bronxbomber252' timestamp='1314269091' post='20911910
Looks like the first and third were survivable if everyone was wearing their seatbelt properly... the 2nd one... maybe for the driver but not if he had a passenger...

as for the AP1 comment, it is not a fair comparison, AP1's are cheaper so there will be a higher proportion of young and stupid folks driving them. I think that has much more to do with it than the 9k redline (which probably has NOTHING to do with it) or the suspension geometry (which doesn't help but still is likely a far lesser issue) Note: I (being only 23) do not think that ALL young drivers are stupid, or even that most young drivers are stupid. In fact I think most drivers regardless of age are intelligent enough to keep an S2k on the road. HOWEVER, I do think that most stupid drivers are young.
Once you are 30 you will realize just how stupid most high-schoolers really are...it will be hard to imagine that you were once that young and foolish. There are exceptions but immaturity is responsible for a lot of accidents, arrests and unwanted pregnancies.
Right, Because being out of high school for almost 6 years, and having been a firefighter from my senior year of HS all the way until I commissioned in the military, and cutting up numerous wrecked cars didn't teach me anything, but 7 more years of driving around will... I know how dumb many high schoolers are, but there are many who drive normal as well (i admit I was NOT one of the the ones that drove normally, I was a complete idiot at times) That said, The point I was making was that since AP1's are cheaper more HS and early college age people buy them, of that demographic, the majority of the ones that are interested in cars like the S2k are the stupid ones (again me at that age included, but I didnt get my car till the end of my junior year of HS, after a few years of firefighting and a season of autox)

I will rephrase because another statement I made was unclear, I should have said that I don't think most young drivers are reckless (stupid probably) but most reckless drivers are young

Originally Posted by takeshi
Hopefully people will also take maintenance and tracking seriously as well.

Originally Posted by bronxbomber252' timestamp='1314269091' post='20911910
as for the AP1 comment, it is not a fair comparison, AP1's are cheaper so there will be a higher proportion of young and stupid folks driving them.
It is what it is. Fair is irrelevant.
You are assuming I used a different definition of fair than I intended, fair as you put it (meaning trying to make both appear even) is irrelevant but when I said "fair" i meant the statement to say that comparing an AP1 to an AP2 based on stuff like this is an invalid comparison. The majority of the reason there are more wrecked AP1's has to do with their price, as opposed to the characteristics of the car. Since AP1's are cheaper more younger reckless drivers tend to buy them, which causes more accidents, which skewes any statistics regarding the safety of the car to the point of making this type of info invalid for the purposes of comparing the two models.

Many people are confusing Correlation with causality. AP1's and higher accident rates are coorelated, but the AP1's suspension and features are not the primary cause of the correlation, the price is. This is basic statistical analysis.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:18 PM

Anyone ever look at pictures of high speed accidents of a 350Z. The 350Z looks like it holds up better. Check it out and let me know what you think?
Old 08-25-2011, 04:21 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

You really can't go by how a car looks after an accident, THere are cars that look great after accidents but have bad safety records, and cars that look horrible after accidents but have great safety records... IDK if the 350z is safer or not, but pictures wont tell the story
Old 08-25-2011, 07:22 PM

The bomber is correct. Many times the car that "looks" better does so because it absorbs less energy. Guess where a little more of that large amount of energy goes. Cars made today are designed to crumple (and somewhat explode if the speeds are high enough) to protect the driver at the expense of the car. Costly, yes - but safer.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:37 PM

A 350Z will look really bad all over except the cockpit area. They did a heck of a job keeping all the energy from reaching the driver/passanger area.

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/350z/3...1016_001.shtml - Not the best picture but look on intact the roofline is. Read the descrption at the bottom.

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/350z/3...0409_002.shtml - Another 120 plus
Old 08-27-2011, 02:36 PM

Received 158 Likes on 121 Posts

It was a Sebring hardtop too, ffs.

Quick Reply: Wrecked S200