S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Aftermath of the CEL 0710 code with more problems

Old 10-23-2016, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermath of the CEL 0710 code with more problems

Okay so thanks fot everyone who helped me on that code. The MAP whack trick seemed to fixed the issue with no return CEL code. But now I have a new problem, it started when i got my clutch replaced. I started to notice a rattling noise coming from the where the header firewall would be and I couldn't figure it out so I brought it back and they said everything is fine. Fast forward to yesterday and I noticed that my motor mount flange nut is missing and the heat shield firewall is a little loose. Well now there is a crack on my motor mount because they forgot to put the nut flange back on after they changed my clutch.... What should i do?
Old 10-23-2016, 11:31 PM

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Nobody
Okay so thanks fot everyone who helped me on that code. The MAP whack trick seemed to fixed the issue with no return CEL code. But now I have a new problem, it started when i got my clutch replaced. I started to notice a rattling noise coming from the where the header firewall would be and I couldn't figure it out so I brought it back and they said everything is fine. Fast forward to yesterday and I noticed that my motor mount flange nut is missing and the heat shield firewall is a little loose. Well now there is a crack on my motor mount because they forgot to put the nut flange back on after they changed my clutch.... What should i do?
Motor mounts can fail as soon as 50k so I wouldn't necessarily put the blame on the shop unless you know for a fact they weren't busted. Most people don't even know they have busted motor mounts. (I'll be making a video on this soon.) It is a really common issue on these cars. I'm not sure forgetting to put the flange nut back on would necessarily break the mount, it would just be much less effective imho. They likely removed the motor mount flange nut when jacking up the engine to remove the header for the clutch job.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Soviet
Originally Posted by Mr Nobody' timestamp='1477272902' post='24090390
Motor mounts can fail as soon as 50k so I wouldn't necessarily put the blame on the shop unless you know for a fact they weren't busted. Most people don't even know they have busted motor mounts. (I'll be making a video on this soon.) It is a really common issue on these cars. I'm not sure forgetting to put the flange nut back on would necessarily break the mount, it would just be much less effective imho. They likely removed the motor mount flange nut when jacking up the engine to remove the header for the clutch job.
yeah i could of sworn it was still in pristine condition( there was a lot of shaking), if they lift the car up is it possible to change clutch without touching motor mounts?
Old 10-24-2016, 06:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Nobody
Originally Posted by Soviet' timestamp='1477294301' post='24090498
[quote name='Mr Nobody' timestamp='1477272902' post='24090390']
yeah i could of sworn it was still in pristine condition( there was a lot of shaking), if they lift the car up is it possible to change clutch without touching motor mounts?
[/quote]

If jacked up its doable without touching motor mounts, but they do have to take the trans mounts off of course.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by s2cho
Originally Posted by Mr Nobody' timestamp='1477328815' post='24090870
[quote name='Soviet' timestamp='1477294301' post='24090498']
[quote name='Mr Nobody' timestamp='1477272902' post='24090390']
[/quote]

If jacked up its doable without touching motor mounts, but they do have to take the trans mounts off of course.
[/quote]

okay thanks i guess somewhere down the line(since its a 2006) the mounts must of cracked. Im upgrading the car little by little anyways so.. thanks guys