S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

CHeck Engine Light, Plz Respond

Old 08-09-2004, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CHeck Engine Light, Plz Respond

and i just installed my intake, but it was fine for the whole week...

then right when I hit 62001 miles, the cel came on

is it the intake or the miles?

like i said, the aem v2 cai was installed a week already and nothing was wrong...

i have to go to emmisions this month too, good timing huh?

please help
Old 08-09-2004, 12:00 PM

Probably just scheduled maintenance reminder.

Try to reset it, the procedure is in the Owners manual.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:32 PM

thanks,
ill check it out

anyone else have comments
Old 08-09-2004, 01:37 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Is it the "MAINT REQUIR'D" light or the Malfunction Indicator Light (or Check Engine Light). You need to know the difference. If it's the maintenance light, you can just reset this. It's to remind you to get scheduled service done. If it's the CEL, then it could have something to do with your intake. Sometimes, it can take a few days to show up. You may have vacuum line crossed or the one-way check valve the wrong way.
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=105368
Old 08-09-2004, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by xviper,Aug 9 2004, 03:37 PM
Is it the "MAINT REQUIR'D" light or the Malfunction Indicator Light (or Check Engine Light). You need to know the difference. If it's the maintenance light, you can just reset this. It's to remind you to get scheduled service done. If it's the CEL, then it could have something to do with your intake. Sometimes, it can take a few days to show up. You may have vacuum line crossed or the one-way check valve the wrong way.
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=105368
Old 08-09-2004, 06:13 PM

Yes, it is the Check engine light, not the maint req light.

i checked all the vacuum lines and the intake, everything seems to be in the correct place.

i thought it was because of low engine coolant, i filled that up, but still had to cel

any ideas or comments?

i think your right (xviper), it has something to do with the intake, but i got it installed last week, so its been like one full week

i dont think the cel would come on when it hit 62001, rather the maint req would come on

plz respond, i have to go to emmissions soon, i was suppose to go last month

s2khondaimport
Old 08-09-2004, 07:33 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Remove your mod, reset the ECU, pass emissions, reinstall your mod and start over.

...and check your gas cap.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by s2khondaimport,Aug 9 2004, 08:13 PM
Yes, it is the Check engine light, not the maint req light.

i checked all the vacuum lines and the intake, everything seems to be in the correct place.

i think your right (xviper), it has something to do with the intake, but i got it installed last week, so its been like one full week

i dont think the cel would come on when it hit 62001, rather the maint req would come on
We have established that it is the CEL.

You say "seems". It usually does "seem" like the hoses are in the correct places. But have you confirmed this and the check valve direction using the link I put up? Like I said, if the check valve is backwards, it can take upwards of a week.

Now you say you "don't think the CEL would come on at 62001, but rather the "maintenance" light. Well ...................... WHICH IS IT? You are confusing the heck out of everyone here. No, a CEL would not come on just because it hits 62001, UNLESS there is actually something wrong. And the "maintenance" light will come on at an exact number of miles since it was reset last time, so this means it could come on at any time.

We have given you all the suggestions you need for now. You need to follow up on those rather than asking for more suggestions.

A CEL as a result of crossed vacuum lines or a backwards check valve is part of the emissions system. You may not pass. Have you cross referenced that link I put up? Until you do, there is no point in any more responses.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by xviper,Aug 9 2004, 07:37 PM
We have established that it is the CEL.

You say "seems". It usually does "seem" like the hoses are in the correct places. But have you confirmed this and the check valve direction using the link I put up? Like I said, if the check valve is backwards, it can take upwards of a week.

Now you say you "don't think the CEL would come on at 62001, but rather the "maintenance" light. Well ...................... WHICH IS IT? You are confusing the heck out of everyone here. No, a CEL would not come on just because it hits 62001, UNLESS there is actually something wrong. And the "maintenance" light will come on at an exact number of miles since it was reset last time, so this means it could come on at any time.

We have given you all the suggestions you need for now. You need to follow up on those rather than asking for more suggestions.

A CEL as a result of crossed vacuum lines or a backwards check valve is part of the emissions system. You may not pass. Have you cross referenced that link I put up? Until you do, there is no point in any more responses.
Xviper: yeah i actually printed out your entire "how to" post and double checked it step by step.

The CEL came on, not the maint req.

sorry about the confusion and all

s2khondaimport
Old 08-10-2004, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by s2khondaimport,Aug 9 2004, 11:14 PM
Xviper: yeah i actually printed out your entire "how to" post and double checked it step by step.

The CEL came on, not the maint req.

sorry about the confusion and all

s2khondaimport
OK, if you are sure that the hoses and valve is correct, then clear the light. If it comes back, then you need to have the code pulled to know what your next step is.

Quick Reply: CHeck Engine Light, Plz Respond