S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Coil pack harness help!

Old 04-28-2014, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coil pack harness help!

Does anyone know where I can get a coil pack harness for my 01 s2k? I had recently painted my valve cover and when I installed it back I noticed that a lot of cables in the harness were disconneted/ripped off from the actual coils. The car used to be perfectly fine before i painted my valve cover. Now it doesn't want to start at all, can anyone help please?
Thanks
Old 04-29-2014, 06:34 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like the harness wasn't properly disconnected from the coils when the coils were being removed. The harness clips on, and you can't just yank them off.

Anyway, it's part of the whole engine wiring harness. Not cheap. Perhaps used would be the way to go if you can't fix your current one.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...E+WIRE+HARNESS
Old 04-29-2014, 10:28 AM

The harness part where it connects to the clip is where it's messed up. Some wires are connected and some aren't.
So buying a whole new harness is my only option?
Old 04-29-2014, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by vtec9
Sounds like the harness wasn't properly disconnected from the coils when the coils were being removed. The harness clips on, and you can't just yank them off.

Anyway, it's part of the whole engine wiring harness. Not cheap. Perhaps used would be the way to go if you can't fix your current one.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...E+WIRE+HARNESS
Old 04-29-2014, 11:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, a full harness is the only way unless u repair what u have on your own. its not a seperate harness
Old 04-29-2014, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by c130turboprop
yes, a full harness is the only way unless u repair what u have on your own. its not a seperate harness
Yeah I called honda and they said to buy a whole new one.
I'm screwed. Do you know where I can find one used?
Old 04-30-2014, 07:57 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Unless the connector or wire terminals are damaged, it can probably be fixed.. wires can be re-attached.

For sourcing a used one, I'd look in the marketplace for people parting out whole cars.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh boy, was gonna post a question about the same thing.

The "tang" on the black plastic connector that attaches to the ignition coil pack broke.
I figured a new one could be had at the dealer, guess i'll improvise with a zip tie.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have 2 extra full harness for these cases. so i have extra parts for connectors. i cant help u out though because the coil connectors dry rot fast and get brittle so they break a lot and ive already gone through mine. but maybe something for u to look in to
Old 04-30-2014, 02:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would check eBay and see what you could find. I believe the rsx and s2000 coils are the same so you can possibly find a used rsx harness for cheap and just solder the connectors to your harness. I'm sure that would work just fine. To confirm go by the parts store with your broken connector and ask for an rsx coil and make sure it plugs up to make sure before you buy the harness. Poss even a civic harness might be same connector