S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

emanage questions part 2

Old 06-16-2004, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I decided to go with the emanage, but I have some questions before I make the plunge. I just want to tune for proper a/f ratio, I am not looking to gain power. I have a vortec sc on the car, it is otherwise stock. Changing to ngk 7173 r5672a-8 tomorrow

1. Will altering the "injector pulse with" still cause the problems as seen in the vafc where the ecu relearns in closed loop? or is that only with map censor changes?

1.b What is he throtle position which sends the car into open loop?

2. I have not been able to get this information and I'm a bit confused. Is the injector harness for additional injectors, or does the unit itself not come with the ability to control fuel without the aditional purchase? Does it wire to the injectors or the factory ecu?

3. On the software, there is aif flow adjustment map, additional injector map, and sub injector map. Out of them, what is used to add fuel (I am not going to be adding injectors, just using the 4 stock ones for now).

3. When using the air flow adjustment map (I'm assuming this is how to add fuel?) 16x16 grid. Lets say at 70% throtle 5k rpm I ahve a +10 and at 6k I have +20 will 5500 be figured out by the emanage and calculate +15, or does it fall into one map or the other?

4. I was under the impression that you can alter the pulse with on the injector cycle, where is this option located?

5. Does anyone have an s2000 map that they would be willing to let me have so I can play with it and just get more fermiliar wih the software?

thank you!
Old 06-16-2004, 11:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the maps on my emanage... But can't get it off without the cable.
Old 06-17-2004, 05:32 AM

if you get the cable I would be very interested in seeing what settings are used etc... thank you.
Old 06-17-2004, 06:46 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

PM me your email address.
Old 06-17-2004, 01:32 PM

pm sent

thanks for the map (I'm assuming).
Old 06-17-2004, 03:34 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 03spa
I decided to go with the emanage, but I have some questions before I make the plunge.
Old 06-17-2004, 03:38 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

If you buy the injector harness, the e-manage has the ability to increase the pulse width. It can also manipulate MAP values to increase and decrease the pulse width.

Tim
Old 06-18-2004, 05:42 AM

what is the setting in the software I need to use to adjust the pulse with?

So without the injector harness, it's a glorified VAFC?
Old 06-18-2004, 08:28 AM

Originally posted by 03spa
So without the injector harness, it's a glorified VAFC?
Old 06-18-2004, 08:40 AM

1. Most likely you will not be using the injector map for anything below 50% throttle, so this doesn't even need to be answered. But, the eManage seems to do much better with the ECU no learning it's corrections. I've never been able to figure it out, but when adding larger injectors it seems to do just fine evne though it's only tricking the MAP sensor voltage to handle the larger injectors.

1b. That is still set by the ECU, the eManage has no control over that. And, I don't think anyone REALLY knows the exact amount of load where the ECU switches from closed to open.

2. The injector harness is for controlling the injectors. It will need to be wired into the ECU in the same manner that you wired in the eManage. Most people use a V-AFC harness so that they are tapping the wires on the V-AFC harness not on the ECU's harness.

3. Air Flow adjustment map is a MAP sensor tricker, just like the V-AFC. Additional INJECTION map (it's mislabeled in some places, such as the manual, as "injector") is for adding pulses to the injectors, sub injector is for additional INJECTORS (ie 2 extra). It's very confusing at first, I understand.

3 (again). Yes, it will interpolate.

4. You technically add a second pulse to the cycle. Use the additional INJECTION map (and the injector harness) to do this. Adding 10% creates a 2nd injection with 10% of the time of the original pulse.

5. Mine has been available for over a year, email me at wesmaster@yahoo.com and I will send it.

Quick Reply: emanage questions part 2