S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Under The Hood (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-under-hood-22/)
-   -   Engine idle bog, dip, studder, stalling, etc (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-under-hood-22/engine-idle-bog-dip-studder-stalling-etc-386868/)

MikeyCB 02-07-2008 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by rdv5434391,Feb 7 2008, 12:23 PM
-- it was perfect until installing the K&N, so something from the install is the culprit, just sorry to feel that this will be the price of having the K&N

I would say check the vacuum lines, though you'd likely experience a CEL if they are incorrectly connected.

ajv85483 04-23-2010 05:29 PM

Helpful thanks :D

PowerPro 06-09-2010 05:48 AM

I don't think it was helpful, since it doesn't give a cause or a cure! There are several threads alluding to this same problem, but none of them pinpoint a cause or a cure (unless you count Shock wrecking his car and actually being relieved(!) because he didn't have to deal with the idle/stalling problem anymore). They just document the owner's endless efforts at troubleshooting.

This problem seems to be widespread on S2K's; does anyone know the cause and/or how to fix it?

crank 06-09-2010 05:59 AM

also coasting to red light and stuff in neutral will make the problem more apparent. Its confuses the ECU because the it senses the speed of the vehicle but the engine is trying to maintain an idle..search it up !!

Bizkit64 03-02-2011 02:06 PM

So its normal when ever I disconnect the battery and then reconnect for my car to do this? I've had to disconnect it two times this week (installing new EPS / installing test pipe) and both times the car has a really low idle and stales? The car is acting fine now, I guess its just really weird for me since I've never had a car do this before. I thought it was a bad ground! Thanks for the information!

s2kswayze 11-29-2011 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bizkit64 (Post 20325265)
So its normal when ever I disconnect the battery and then reconnect for my car to do this? I've had to disconnect it two times this week (installing new EPS / installing test pipe) and both times the car has a really low idle and stales? The car is acting fine now, I guess its just really weird for me since I've never had a car do this before. I thought it was a bad ground! Thanks for the information!

yup same here i had that issue this morning i diconnected my ecu to reset it and was doing the exact same...i hope it goes away fast

Road racer 02-28-2012 11:12 AM

What if I am running an AEM Series 2 Plug & Play EMS? I don't believe it is a "learning EMS" as it does not use the O2 sensor for any feedback to manage the engine fuel & timing. It is my understanding that everything is set up by the tuner. If that's the case, why would I have an intermitent erratic (low) idle. When the cooling fans kick on the idle will drop down really low as well.

I also notice that the throttle will "hang" between shifts if I shift around 3,000rpm. This problem is not apparent at higher or lower rpms.

I am running a Vortech SC with a 4 bar MAP (new in Nov 2010) and the PCV is going to a catch can.

Any ideas? Maybe the IAC? Any help would be appreciated!

Chris

vert2k 03-23-2012 01:15 PM

I agree with the OP. Good info there. As for the relearn idle procedure, if you every disconnect the battery and reconnect, it may be helpful to do the relearn. I had a low idle and hesitation to point of almost stalling, after disconnecting the battery for some work. I re-disconnected the battery to reset ecu, then did relearn idle procedure (good to have 2nd person watch when radiator fan comes on), and idle is all good now. It idles higher and no hesitation. If this doesn't help then revert to OP's post

DangerZone9K 03-23-2012 02:48 PM

What is a IAC?

No Limitz 07-23-2012 11:25 AM

Sorry for the bump, but the link for the "whack" method is dead(or is it just me?) can anyone explain how to do this method?

EDIT: I'll just leave this here for future reference:
http://forums.s2kca.com/showthread.p...MAP-Whack-quot