S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

FUEL LEAK. need some help

Old 10-01-2012, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FUEL LEAK. need some help

Hey guys,

so iv had this fuel leak issue on my s2 for a while now.. and today i finally decided to see where the leak was coming and found that it was leaking from the fuel feed hose.. which is #3 in this diagram: http://www.hondapartssales.com/lisle...4s2a01_b04.png . the leak was coming from where the hose connects to the hardline on the top of connection.. and the hose did look loose sitting over the hardline, almost like there should have been a clamp holding it secure.. if that makes sense. there is no cracks at all in that tube, so what i did was zip tied it closed around where it connects to the top. and that seemed to do the trick. so was just wondering if what i did will work? or cause any problems in the future etc..

thanks.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:08 PM

here is a picture of the line and how i fixed it..

Old 10-02-2012, 06:17 AM

Received 1,265 Likes on 772 Posts

That will not work. All you did was zip tie the foam cover.

That is a high pressure line and I would strongly reccommend replacing it. If that fuel finds its way to an ignition source (like the alternator, its right there) it will be serious and dangerous.

A low pressure line you could doctor up, but not this one.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Billman250
That will not work. All you did was zip tie the foam cover.

That is a high pressure line and I would strongly reccommend replacing it. If that fuel finds its way to an ignition source (like the alternator, its right there) it will be serious and dangerous.

A low pressure line you could doctor up, but not this one.

Im going to replace the line in the spring, but for now i need a temporary fix.. so i removed that zip tie and put a hose clamp instead.. there is no leaks at all now with that clamp. hoping it should be fine till spring ?
Old 10-02-2012, 05:56 PM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Good luck
Old 10-02-2012, 06:26 PM

Sounds like yours will be next...
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-02-2012, 06:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I were you I would definitely replace it asap if ur S is daily driver. Its not worth risking the potential of a fire.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:22 PM

Okay I will replace the line ASAP... will prob do it myself though, so is there any DIY on how to do this? Or someone can give me some ideas. Also when attempting this do I need to remove fuel pump fuse at all or anything?
Old 10-03-2012, 11:27 AM

Received 3,385 Likes on 2,456 Posts

Originally Posted by chriss.
Okay I will replace the line ASAP... will prob do it myself though, so is there any DIY on how to do this? Or someone can give me some ideas. Also when attempting this do I need to remove fuel pump fuse at all or anything?
To replace that part you have to loosen the fuel dampener (UFO looking thingy on top), that will release fuel pressure, but you will still get a good bit of fuel leakage just not under too much pressure. Then you have to replace two crush washers for installation, you might as well order them now as they are always on back-order it seems and may take a while to get. You can run the car and pull the fuel pump fuse as well to reduce fuel pressure and seepage as well.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:08 PM

To replace that part you have to loosen the fuel dampener (UFO looking thingy on top), that will release fuel pressure, but you will still get a good bit of fuel leakage just not under too much pressure. Then you have to replace two crush washers for installation, you might as well order them now as they are always on back-order it seems and may take a while to get. You can run the car and pull the fuel pump fuse as well to reduce fuel pressure and seepage as well.

So i got the fuel line out, and that fuel feed hose is on back order for a month from honda so i have a steel braided line i was thinking of using instead.. so was wondering if anyone knows sizes of the fittings i will need to bolt on fuel rail and fuel pipe.

Also JFUSION.. what crush washers are you talking about? there was none on the factory line from what i could see..

Quick Reply: FUEL LEAK. need some help