S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

fueling problem

Old 08-05-2010, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fueling problem

my car will fire when i spary fuel in the throttle body itll fire but otherwise nothin i troubleshooted the wiring with the service manual and nothin and i have checked fuses and swapped a different pgmfi relay and still nothin....just wondering if anyone has any ideas the car is a track car so if i can hook it up to a switch to run i wudn mind just nee the car starting thanks for any help
Old 08-06-2010, 01:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unhook the fuel line from the fuel rail and bump the ignition. If you get fuel, its ecu/wiring problem. If you dont get fuel, its fuel pump/relay problem.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:17 AM

sorry for the stupid reply but what do you mean by bump the ignition?
Old 08-06-2010, 04:57 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Turn the key to the on position then off, this will cycle the fuel pump on and off.

I would put a clean dry rag ON a COLD motor then do this, that way you can tell if you are getting fuel.

But you say the car runs if you spray fuel in the throttle body so the pump isn't your problem.

Will the car start if you give it gas (push on the gas pedal a bit)?
Old 08-06-2010, 09:04 AM

i understand you mean to see is the pump priming the fuel system but its not because i have the rear of the car stripped down and have the fuel pump cover off and i cant hear the fuel pump making nosie....now i have checked and i havent got 12v at the YEL/GRN wire obviously the reason why it aint working but have done the checks with wiring and cant seem to find a problem and i tout if i gave that wire 12v i shud here the fuel pump but nothin just lost at the mintue
Old 08-06-2010, 10:43 AM

Does your immob light flash or are you running an aftermarket ecu? Did you recently change something in the car and now this issue? Do you have a wiring diagram for this? Do you have power at the main rely pin 2 blu/orange while cranking, pin 5 blk/yel with key on, and pin 7 wht/grn at all times? Pin 3 blk for ground. Hope that helps
Old 08-06-2010, 10:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you done anything to your car?
Old 08-06-2010, 11:43 AM

Crisgo i have just went through the wiring diagrams and when i got to the BLU/ORN i havent got 12v i checked the no.21 fuse and its fine and checked for continuity between relay and fuse no problems at all and see that the BLU/ORN is starter switch signal but have no idea why there isn 12v when i crank it...i checked the pgmfi and is workin fine
Old 08-06-2010, 11:45 AM

oh yeah its an oem ecu and the immob light is comming on the only thing i can think of is one of the wires at the back of the stater switch came loose and think it connected with the black wire which goes into the starter switch only thing i can thin of at the mintue probably blew something i dont know to be honest
Old 08-06-2010, 12:16 PM

I ment to ask is the immob light stays flashing while the key is selected "on". Thats odd the blu/orn wire has continuity from the fuse box to the main relay, but no voltage while cranking? Are you testing the fuse 21 with a volt meter or test light? I only ask since I have been wrong about a fuse by just looking at it.

What came off the starter? Do you have it reconnected? Do you have a wiring diagram of the starter system for it? The starter cut relay is what powers the starter solenoid at the starter and also powers the under dash fuse 21. Do you have any issues with the car cranking right now? Its possible you might have an issue with the underdash fuse box.

Quick Reply: fueling problem