S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Muffler delete, resonator delete, exhaust questions...

Old 04-27-2013, 09:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Muffler delete, resonator delete, exhaust questions...

First off let me start by saying if you don't know what your talking about or are just taking a guess please don't post. I just want to hear it from people who actually know what they're talking about. i.e gernby where are you??? lol

Any ways I had some questions about some exhaust set ups, they all utilize the oem exhaust. I'm looking for wether it increases/decreases/or doesn't change over all power (hp/tq), sound factors quiet/bearable/stupid loud. I might or might not get a decent exhaust in the near future if I decide to go turbo, for now I'm on nitrous and cheap exhaust mods. I'm wanting to get a bike instead of continuing to build a car that you will never get back what you put in. I've always had the mentality of "if you want to go fast get a bike" and I've always been a bike guy. But back to the point if this thread...

All of the setups will be used with a 63mm tp
Scenario 1 (the one I'm wanting to go to):
OEM exhaust dumped right after the resonator, yes just cutoff right after the OEM resonator, no straight pipes all the way back, just dumped downward.

Scenario 2 (current setup) :
OEM exhaust with resonator delete and made into a single with a muffler welded at the end.

Scenario 3 (just curious) :
OEM exhaust with welded mufflers instead of OEM ones.

Any POSTIVE input will be appreciated
Old 04-29-2013, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPr8175XRlU
I guess this is scenario 3?

I highly doubt any scenario will have a power advantage. For one guy to fab up a scenario, do a dyno pull, correct for atmosphere conditions, fab up another scenario, do another pull, correct for that day's atmosphere, ..... is just not worth it especially if you're trying to save 1 or 200 dollars. Any claims of power increases will be because the dyno facility was different, or testing discrepancies.