S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

NX Nitrous Kit

Old 10-19-2002, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NX Nitrous Kit

I have a nitrous kit left over from my Camaro. I am interested in knowing what I ned to tap into the fuel line. Parts and pics would be great. There are a few LS1's that need a whipping. Jet sizes for a safe shot would be helpful as well.

Thanks,
JP
Old 10-19-2002, 01:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HMMMmmm I would check With nitrous express if the kits is interchangeable With an s2000. That old camaro kit What size are the lines and so forth. #4.....or #6 lines? Also What size are the solenoids and so forth....Just Curious if it would be a good idea...Camaro kits are designed to flow alot more nitrous i know it all depends on the jet but i'd make sure. Ok ya need a "t" fitting i made mine with goodridge fitting parts ok the silver one is the one in the kit the blue one is the one i bought seperate i believe it is 5/16" barbed ends and the screw part to the braided fuel line is for a #4an line
three pieces.....when ya put the barb lines in the fuel line make sure its were ya want them cause they ain't coming out unless ya cut the rubber. CUt the fuel line from under the car the only way to get to it....It has a soft section for like 18" inbetwwen the hard lines at the manifold and where the hard line runs under the car.
Ya have to depressureize the fuel line at the fuel pulsator at the manifold have a bucket ready when pulling the fuel line under the car to cut it. not much fuel but enough to stink and make things messy. I suggest replacin ghte washer and gasket piece at the fuel pulsator to be safe...like 2.50 at the honda parts dept. also maybe have a spare fuel feed line.....like 50 bucks.....eventually your have to remove the nitrous if its tomorrow or 5 years from now.....take two days to order and get this part from honda.

OK the JEts if my memory serves me correctly i think it is ....no i will not post what i think it is...thats how accidents happen...i will check my jetting chart and get back to you.
good luck and double check with nx or a speed shop on the solenoids. Hope this helped....jets in the next post>G
Old 10-19-2002, 03:41 PM

I know that if you want a 75 shot, use the 41 jet for N20 and the 24 jet for fuel.
Old 10-19-2002, 03:43 PM

How about a 50 shot? I would like to keep this motor in one piece. Just need to have the power on tap when necessary.
Old 10-19-2002, 03:57 PM

I would have to look at the chart, but it's at my Buddies house. I will get it for you though. I am running the 75 shot now and it works great. Air/fuel gauge stays well into the rich area. No knocking at all. Pulls so f-ing extremely hard it's unbelieveable.
Old 10-19-2002, 04:01 PM

Have you dynoed w/the 75 shot? I did 203hp bone stock at ~5k miles. I am assuming that the NX kit will provide the advertised 75hp. It will be nice to have 275 at the wheels in a 2600lb car.
Old 10-19-2002, 04:22 PM

I havent dynoed it with the shot yet. I too had 203 stock. Only trouble is, the clutch is begining to slip when I hit it. Same thing happened to me with my CRX when I went turbo. I will dyno when I get the clutch in and post results.
Old 10-19-2002, 04:26 PM

Should be good for mid 12s at the track.
Old 10-19-2002, 04:30 PM

Originally posted by JP98SS
Should be good for mid 12s at the track.
One can hope!

I would have found out this weekend, but with the slipage, I think it's best not to try and fry the clutch completely.
Old 10-19-2002, 04:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok here are the jet chart numbers

35hp 31n/18f
50hp 35n/20f
75hp 41n/24f

I get no slippage of the clutch but i have a 2002 not sure what
year rex has!

The 75 shoot is a blast... stay within 11 to 11.5 for a/f and you will be fine. Thats what NX runs on all its company promo cars.

if you are optimu bottle pressure you will get anywhere from 72 to 78 hp with the 75 jet....If you are lower say at like 650 to700psi instead of 950 to 1000 psi then you'll get only like a 40 to 50 hp boost....keepng the bottle at the correct pressure is key to getting all the hp from the jet choosen.

high twelves is closer to what i think you would get...if ya had a purge valve i think mid twelves is capable. You can feel the nitrous build and get faster after a second or too ...with out the purge ya have some nitrous gas build up....with the purge its pure funny stuff.......and a really hard hit when ya press the button! Without the purge ya feel it build up to the maxium horse power maybe take 2000 or 3000 rpm through the band to build up to max hp ....but if ya got the button th ebuild up is on the first button press...the second button press is much harder hit because the first button press purged the line for ya.

Quick Reply: NX Nitrous Kit