S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Passenger side power window question.

Old 12-26-2004, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger side power window question.

Finally i'm back home. Haven't driven my car since september, (felt GOOD )
Now my parents started the car for 10 min everyday and worked with the power windows. Now today I decided to take it for a drive. Passenger side went down good, then up, then I wanted to close the car and the window didn't want to go up.
I tried from drivers side and passenger side nothing, I took the switch from the passenger side disconnected it then connected it. same thing.
What are some suggestions you guys can give me so I can try and fix it or does it mean a new one?
Thank you

Ricardo
Old 12-27-2004, 05:43 AM

Check the window lock switch on the driver's side. You might have accidently locked the passenger window.
Old 12-27-2004, 05:43 AM

this sounds stupid, but theres a rocker switch on the drivers door, next to the mirror switch, which locks the passenger window controls. Is this switched? I hit it by accident once, had no idea it was there, and started checking fuses and such, trying to figure out the passenger side window!!!!
Old 12-27-2004, 08:13 AM

Beyond the advice given (which is probably correct), starting your car for about 10 min. a day is probably much worse than just letting it sit there. If you want to exercise it, have them take it out and warm it up with a good drive instead. It sounds like you really like your car and have the best of intentions, but you aren't doing it any favors. Have fun, be safe.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:37 AM

I new that that the problem was .

Thx for the tip guys, really appreciate it. And its working fine now .

apex2k thx. But its not every day i let my parents start the car for me. Its like every other sunday just to warm it up a little. And i still don't trust my dad to take it for a spin cause its my baby. Its like lending my women out
Old 12-27-2004, 09:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by buzilanga,Dec 27 2004, 12:37 PM
apex2k thx. But its not every day i let my parents start the car for me. Its like every other sunday just to warm it up a little. And i still don't trust my dad to take it for a spin cause its my baby. Its like lending my women out
Just to stress what apex2k said ...

Almost ALL wear occurs during cold starts, and extended idling contaminates your oil. If you aren't going to drive it, just let it rest.
Old 12-27-2004, 10:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by buzilanga,Dec 27 2004, 01:37 PM

I new that that the problem was .

Thx for the tip guys, really appreciate it. And its working fine now .

Ive done the same thing after my speaker install . I was like why the hell isnt this working plus I had my window down. Eventually figured it out after pulling the door panel off 3 times.
Old 12-27-2004, 06:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by revhi,Dec 27 2004, 02:11 PM
Ive done the same thing after my speaker install . I was like why the hell isnt this working plus I had my window down. Eventually figured it out after pulling the door panel off 3 times.

you know i think i've done worse than you.

When I first got my car I couldnt put the window down. So im checking all the fuses and stuff. Then I got all pissed off cause the car wasnt working as expected, so I called the dealership and went off at them, and I even made an appointment to bring it in the next day.

Well, after I calmed down, I went outside again, and I sit in the car to relax and as im looking down I see this rocker switch, im like "son of a biatch"

There should be an audible voice that tells you that the switch is on
Old 12-27-2004, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by gernby,Dec 27 2004, 02:47 PM
Just to stress what apex2k said ...

Almost ALL wear occurs during cold starts, and extended idling contaminates your oil. If you aren't going to drive it, just let it rest.
Well if thats for the best of my car, i should just disconnect the batery then so it wont discharge? And thx for the advice.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Venomous S,Dec 27 2004, 11:39 PM

you know i think i've done worse than you.

When I first got my car I couldnt put the window down. So im checking all the fuses and stuff. Then I got all pissed off cause the car wasnt working as expected, so I called the dealership and went off at them, and I even made an appointment to bring it in the next day.

Well, after I calmed down, I went outside again, and I sit in the car to relax and as im looking down I see this rocker switch, im like "son of a biatch"

There should be an audible voice that tells you that the switch is on
haha I know how you feel. I had my window down, so during the night in the garage I just put a garbage plastic bag over it and taped it incase rats or whatever wanted to take it for a drive.

I felt the same way after reading that maybe I had the windows lock on, I went to the car took the thing of my window. Sat in it, turned the key, looked at the switch. Pressed it, waited a few seconds with a serious face like ( damn i'm an A$$hole) pressed it, worked fine, got a smile in my face from YES its working. But then again, felt really stupid that I didn't think of that earlier

Quick Reply: Passenger side power window question.