S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Please read this disclaimer...

Old 01-29-2001, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Much of the information exchange that goes on in the 'under the hood' forum is very relevant and factual. However, many of the threads I have witnessed contained false or slightly incorrect information. The problem is that this bad information was being passed by people that sound very knowledgeable and competent. It can be very hard to determine who to listen to, especially when you are new at this and trying to learn.

My suggestion to some of you who are new, and end up confused after reading a post in here is to call up an expert. Call someone like Scott at http://www.king-motorsports.com or Mike at Comptech. These guys have been working on Hondas and racing Hondas longer than some of the members of this message board have been alive. (sorry, didn't mean to make you guys seem old.) These guys are always willing to pick up the phone and answer any questions you may have.

I just want everyone to remember the open nature of this forum. There is no guarantee as to the accuracy of the information here. Our moderators and some of the experts on this board will do their best to keep things accurate, but at times it will not be clear. Just keep in mind, there are other ways to get the information you want!

Thanks for reading!
Old 01-29-2001, 03:42 PM

Agree...
Old 01-29-2001, 04:11 PM

Does this mean I can't sue the moderators if they give out false information?
Just kidding!
Old 01-29-2001, 05:12 PM

I thought this was a given.
On the same token I encourage everyone to post a correction or posible solution even if it's not correct. Inteligent discusions through this board are bound to give us all more knowledge about our comon passion: the S2K.
Old 01-29-2001, 05:15 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pepe
[B]I thought this was a given.
Old 01-29-2001, 05:42 PM
SaV

True.
Old 01-29-2001, 06:25 PM

Thx for the support, guys... I just wanted to remind everyone that there are other sources. Sometimes we can all lose sight of that, and only look toward the board for answers.

Cheers!
Old 01-30-2001, 03:59 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jason Saini
[B]Thx for the support, guys...
Old 01-30-2001, 02:37 PM

Originally posted by Pepe

We are all human and make mistakes so by sharing all our knowledge we minimize the chance of doing one on our beloved S2K and save a couple of buck$ on the way.
Or...

We can be the proverbial "blind leading the blind."

Minimise the conjecture. Go to the source, especially when the source encourages it every time any of them post to this board! Are they biased for their own product? Yes. Do they have a vested interest to give you good advice or just to move product, at the risk of alienating you from making potential future purchases? I think the good businesses will give good advice no matter who makes the product, because their reputation is on the line.

Besides- I want to see this at the top of the board again. I think it's a very pertinent issue that anyone who looks at this or any board should read. At least we don't have BS "moderators" who also have a vested interest as a parts seller...
Old 01-31-2001, 05:57 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GTRPower

Or...

We can be the proverbial "blind leading the blind."
Minimise the conjecture.

Quick Reply: Please read this disclaimer...