S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

S2000 OEM alarm problem

Old 07-10-2011, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000 OEM alarm problem

Hey guys,

Got a question for you regarding the OEM alarm system. There is a LED alarm indicator behind the handbrake in my 2003 S2000. When the alarm is set, the LED will blink once every couple seconds. When the alarm is disarmed, the LED will not blink at all. However, when I tried to unlock the car with my key fob today, the alarm was set off immediately when I opened the door. I can't stop the alarm no matter which button I press in the key fob. It finally stopped after 30 seconds or so. The LED now blink twice every couple seconds. Can anyone tell me what is happening to my alarm? Is it the panic mode? The funny thing is, I can start my car, the alarm will then stop for awhile, then the alarm will set off again while the car is running. Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks!
Old 07-10-2011, 10:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there, can you confirm what spec your car is (i.e. where you live)? There is a huge difference between USA spec and UK spec alarm systems!

However, what you described sounds familiar to me (USDM spec car with USA spec Honda 'dealer installed' alarm). You shouldn't unlock the door with the original factory remote once you have armed the alarm with the specific alarm fob. I had to 'trow away' my original fob and now use only the one of the alarm. The original factory remote has a trunk release button with a car picture. The Honda alarm remote does not have the picture of the car, but just the word "option" on that same button.

Hope this helps!
Old 07-12-2011, 03:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for pointing that out. Turns out it was my 2 years old got her hands on my alarm fob that I thought I hide pretty well.

Originally Posted by Siepel
Hi there, can you confirm what spec your car is (i.e. where you live)? There is a huge difference between USA spec and UK spec alarm systems!

However, what you described sounds familiar to me (USDM spec car with USA spec Honda 'dealer installed' alarm). You shouldn't unlock the door with the original factory remote once you have armed the alarm with the specific alarm fob. I had to 'trow away' my original fob and now use only the one of the alarm. The original factory remote has a trunk release button with a car picture. The Honda alarm remote does not have the picture of the car, but just the word "option" on that same button.

Hope this helps!