S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Speedcraft Turbo: The Truth

Old 07-02-2002, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you were hoping to find some dirt on Speedcraft or the Turbo System they have designed for our cars you won't find it here. I drove from Michigan to Jacksonville,FL to have mine installed and I am completely satisfied.
Everybody who has done a search about turbos on this board knows Speedcraft uses high quality parts for thier kit...but what about the people behind it? The owner of Speedcraft, Todd is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. More importantly he is great at what he does and makes sure everything is as it should be from the moment he takes the keys. At every turn he and his team exceeded my expectations and put my mind at ease while they took apart my ride home. They took extra care to make sure I was completely satisfied with my purchase and even after the install and the money changed hands they have been there for me when needed.
By the way, whatever lack of power at low RPM's I had before is gone now! The improvement is huge. Numbers on a dyno give you an idea of how a car will perform, but there is nothing like the feeling of driving one of our cars with this kit installed. Awesome!
Old 07-02-2002, 09:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

now if they can somehow find a way to maintain the great quality and lower the cost.. but i guess you can't do that.... sucks...
Old 07-03-2002, 06:10 AM

Are you still running with the stock exhaust or did that get changed?
Old 07-03-2002, 08:31 AM

How long did the install take them? Was any sort of tuning included or was it just a bolt on of the supplied parts? What have you added to the basic kit that they installed if anything?
Thanks,
Aaron
Old 07-03-2002, 09:55 AM

Originally posted by dkhl
now if they can somehow find a way to maintain the great quality and lower the cost.. but i guess you can't do that.... sucks...
Honestly, the speed you obtain for the price of a speedcraft turbo isn't that much (the price). Other people out there are spending a SHIT LOAD (more than price of speedcraft turbo kit) on their cars and are not being satisfied. I have a few examples right now. My friend said that he'd rather pay more, and be satisfied with the quality and tuning, then have what he has right now.
Old 07-03-2002, 01:14 PM

I agree it would be great for us if Speedcraft could mass produce this kit and sell it to the masses for cheap! However Speedcraft is a small, one owner shop and they just don't do that. Save up, you won't be sorry.
Old 07-03-2002, 01:18 PM

Originally posted by gilbertg
Are you still running with the stock exhaust or did that get changed?
I had Speedcraft install the true 3" inch exhaust with a hi-flow cat they recommend with the kit. I'm also running dual Apexi mufflers. Sounds and looks great. Tracy at Speedcraft did most of the welds and he is better than a machine.
Old 07-03-2002, 01:26 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Freakaccident
[B]How long did the install take them?
Old 07-03-2002, 01:35 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by integrate_jh
[B]

Honestly, the speed you obtain for the price of a speedcraft turbo isn't that much.
Old 07-03-2002, 01:42 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Andy C.
[B]

They took the better part of 4 days to do the install including the custom exhaust and Dyno time.

Quick Reply: Speedcraft Turbo: The Truth