S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

what next

Old 02-06-2003, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what next

I'm new to the forums, so I hope you guys can help me out...and that it's relevant to the topic.

I bought my 2001 s2k early January. I've got the Paxton SC and catback exhaust installed so far. I'm running 273rwhp. My question to you...what would you guys do next? My goal is to get around 320hp to the ground but I'm new to Hondas and hope you guys can help with a few ideas. I'm thinking about headers and adding more fuel. Any experiences/results from you guys would help. Of course, if you have any other recommendations, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm wide open to ideas at this point.

Much thanks in advance,
Dave
bgbfflochp@aol.com
Old 02-06-2003, 01:34 PM

VAFC, HEADERS, toda cams, and to help you car having quicker accelerations, LIGHTER FLYWHEEL, STRONGER CLUTCH, LIGHTER WHEELS, AND IF YOU WANT YOU COULD PUT A 4.44 gear set in your differential.
Old 02-06-2003, 03:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by t.c.
VAFC, HEADERS, toda cams, and to help you car having quicker accelerations, LIGHTER FLYWHEEL, STRONGER CLUTCH, LIGHTER WHEELS, AND IF YOU WANT YOU COULD PUT A 4.44 gear set in your differential.
Toda Cams on a Supercharged S2000? What are you smoking?

Since 320'ish has been achieved on Comptech equipped cars. Here are the easy bolt ons to get you there:
Comptech or Spoon exhaust manifold (Header)
Proflow Throttle body
A single exit straight thru cat back exhaust (Spoon, et al)
and some time playing with fuel pressures on the dyno.

The above could get you there in a "perfect" conditions. Stand alone fuel management would make it a safer and easier experience.

Done.

On a side note, the difference between 280hp and 320hp is so small as to not really matter. I can understand if your goal is to obtain a certain dyno number for bragging reasons but I have another suggestion. You might want to address other systems on the car before blowing a ton of cash on the engine performance. Brakes, suspension, and especially tires need urgent help if you are bolting on this much power.

Which exhaust are you using?
Old 02-07-2003, 05:42 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jerrypeterson
[B]

Toda Cams on a Supercharged S2000?
Old 02-07-2003, 09:17 AM

I was wondering about a few things that I have heard other people talking about. First of all, fuel appears to be a big concern and though you mentioned getting a stand alone ECU, will I be able to increase the fuel pressure to the point where I can handle more hp? In other words, with the fuel pressure regulator, injectors and ecu, how much hp can I get and still be safe?

Headers look to be one of the first things I plan on doing. If I were to remove the catalytic converter system to be more free flowing on the exhaust side, would that cause me to run lean?

Has anyone ever tried getting a larger boost pulley (I'm running 8psi I think), something like 20psi, but get a pop off valve to releive excess boost going to the intake manifold? Seems like it'd act more like a turbo and give me boost throughout the rpm range. I guess the supercharger would have to be okay to run at that rpm, but just curious if it's possible?
My biggest concern is running lean and popping the motor, so I want to know what the best way of tuning the amount of fuel I get without getting a stand alone.

Would an intercooler be possible on my car as well?
Please suggest some brands so I can look up price as well...
Old 02-07-2003, 10:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bgbfflochp
[B]I was wondering about a few things that I have heard other people talking about.