S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

10th gen civic FM radio issues

Old 07-28-2018, 12:08 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 10th gen civic FM radio issues

I know what you're thinking...I should post this in the civic forums and I have, but no responses yet. I also took the car to the dealer and they basically said there was nothing they can do but they blamed it on the station towers/signal strength. So I tried to explain to them that it worked fine before the accident but they didn't seem to care. It also doesn't help my case that once I drive an hour to the city where the radio stations are (including the dealership) I get a clear signal.

The rundown: Deer hit the car and we had it fixed at the dealer. We got the car back and the FM radio has not worked right since. Typically we listen to 3 channels and they always come in fine in our area but now it's all static. The other 2 vehicles get a perfect signal (including the S2k) Car is still under the factory warranty. I was thinking about taking it to a different dealer but this morning I discovered that the channels come in when the vehicle is on accessory mode. As soon as you start the car the static comes back and you can no longer get a clear signal.

Something tells me my antenna is loose or there's some type of interference. Just wanted to post this and get some suggestions/advice. Thanks

Old 07-28-2018, 03:07 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

What year is your Civic?

Get in touch with the Honda's regional manager and explain the problem. They'll probably help you out.

There is a Civic forum "Club Si". It's like the wild west, but the people who post there are knowable and love helping when they think a dealer is doing someone wrong. Try posting there.

I have a 2017. Later this evening I'll go into the manual and see if I can find an e-mail address or a phone number for you to call to get satisfaction.
Old 07-28-2018, 04:12 PM

Thanks Rob. I didn’t even think about contacting the regional manager. I initially posted my question on the civicx forums. I have a ‘16 with the 1.5

How is your AC? Mine doesn’t seem to keep me cool but the dealer again ignored the issue for the most part. A bunch of complaints online with stories of low Freon from the factory along with bad condensers and even failing compressors. At first they told me my cabin filter was dirty. That was their diagnosis. Well after a new filter they told me it’s a small car so it doesn’t have a lot of power blah blah.

Old 07-28-2018, 05:12 PM

In my Consumer Information Booklet that came with my 2017 Si I found the follow address and phone number:
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Automobile Consumer Service
1919 Torrance Blvd.
Mail Stop 500-2N-7A
Torrance, CA 90501-2746

Phone: 800-999-1009
Fax: 310-783-3023

You might want to try calling that number and explain your problem.

In the owners manual there is the following:

Your authorized Honda dealer should be able to answer any questions you have about your vehicle. However, if you are dissatisfied with the information you receive, you can call Honda Automobile Customer Service.
Call (800)999-1009

I would suggest you call them and explain the problem. It is the same number as above. I assume that is the main customer service number. They will probably help or at least send you in the right direction.
The following users liked this post:
SFMarine0331 (07-28-2018)
Old 07-28-2018, 05:18 PM

Much appreciated! Thanks for taking the time to look that information up. I’ll let you know how I make out.
Old 07-28-2018, 05:22 PM

The air conditioner in my Si is adequate but not overwhelming. Honda air-conditioners tend to be like that. The air-conditioner in our CR-V is the same. Adequate but not overwhelming, certainly not a deep freeze like you find in a General Motors car. One of my colleagues has a brand new Honda Pilot and she says exactly the same thing.

Last summer my S2000's air conditioner wasn't blowing cold. My S2000 is a 2002, 16 years old, and I expected that the coolant was low. I bought a can of AC Pro and charged the system. That did the trick. Now the S2000's air conditioner blows cold, as it did in the beginning. But, as I said, the car is 16 years old and I suspected that was the problem. I tried charging the 2012 CR-V with the AC Pro but it didn't make any difference. The air conditioner is still at its best only adequate.
Old 07-28-2018, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by SFMarine0331
Much appreciated! Thanks for taking the time to look that information up. I’ll let you know how I make out.
My pleasure, anytime. Us S2000 owners and Civic owners are a close family. We're all in this together.
Old 07-28-2018, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by ralper
The air conditioner in my Si is adequate but not overwhelming. Honda air-conditioners tend to be like that. The air-conditioner in our CR-V is the same. Adequate but not overwhelming, certainly not a deep freeze like you find in a General Motors car. One of my colleagues has a brand new Honda Pilot and she says exactly the same thing.

Last summer my S2000's air conditioner wasn't blowing cold. My S2000 is a 2002, 16 years old, and I expected that the coolant was low. I bought a can of AC Pro and charged the system. That did the trick. Now the S2000's air conditioner blows cold, as it did in the beginning. But, as I said, the car is 16 years old and I suspected that was the problem. I tried charging the 2012 CR-V with the AC Pro but it didn't make any difference. The air conditioner is still at its best only adequate.
You really hit the nail on the head because adequate is exactly how I would describe it because I am so used to freezing. I have a ‘00 S2000 and I’ve had it for over 10 years now. The guy I bought it from took out the compressor to save weight so I thought meh..it’s a convertible I don’t need AC. Well...after not being able to drive long distances and having foggy windows, I finally gave in and got a compressor and took it to a shop to charge the system and it blows ice cold now. It’s unbelievable how great it is.
Old 07-28-2018, 05:38 PM

SF,

Our next Spring Fling meet is going to be in Shamokin Dam, PA May 31 to June 1. Not too far from you. Please consider coming to the meet. It would be great to meet you.
Old 07-28-2018, 06:10 PM

I would definitely like to get to more meets. There are not many local people in my area up for cruising. I was looking into the Gettysburg drive in Sept. I didn’t know the spring fling meeting location was decided yet. Is there a thread for the Shamokin Dam meet?

Quick Reply: 10th gen civic FM radio issues