S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Coffee Lovers Post Here

Old 11-18-2004, 03:34 AM

Received 710 Likes on 435 Posts
Default Coffee Lovers Post Here

Without this in the morning, I'm like this: . For many years I've enjoyed espresso, cappucino and other coffee drinks, but recently started buying green beans and roasting at home. WOW -- Thanks to Fltsfsher and my good buddies over at CoffeeGeek.com, I've discovered Coffee Heaven. Anybody else into the brew? This is an interesting article about the good things coffee does for some:

Can drinking coffee/tea affect your risk of dementia?

There have been suggestions that caffeine might delay or prevent Alzheimer
Old 11-18-2004, 03:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm amazed how much business the coffee joints here in RI get. People wait in long lines at the drive through, just to get what to my taste is lousy tasting coffee.
They don't give the stuff away either. How hard is it to make coffee at home? It's not!!!!
Old 11-18-2004, 04:01 AM

I'm into it, and often grind my own, but not so much so that I'd roast my own beans. I love iced coffee too. I also have Autocrat coffee syrup shipped in from RI so that I can make coffee milk, shakes, etc.. So far, I've managed to draw the line at snorting lines of Folger's crystals to feed my habit.

Dean
Old 11-18-2004, 04:01 AM

Mmmmmm coffee

I can't get started without it.

We used to grind beans we got at a local shop, but got away from doing that when we both got so busy. Now we're using one of those cheap Home Cafe coffee makers that does individual cup brewing. We do need to look into getting some better equipment and procedures for making coffee, but I'm going to have to be the one to do it as Hilly just doesn't have the patience for anything opther than dumping water and ground coffee into the machine.

Guess I need to head over to Google and do some research when I have a spare minute or three.
Old 11-18-2004, 04:02 AM

[QUOTE]For many years I've enjoyed espresso, cappucino and other coffee drinks, but recently started buying green beans and roasting at home.
Old 11-18-2004, 04:06 AM

Old 11-18-2004, 04:07 AM

Received 710 Likes on 435 Posts

Josey -- I get shipments a couple/times a year from SweetMarias.com -- prefer the taste of the African coffees. The nice things about green beans is that you can store them for long periods of time, roast what you can use in a week or so and you always have nice fresh beans. I love SweetMarias monkey blend for espresso. Yum, yum, just open a vein please and insert!!!
Old 11-18-2004, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by valentine,Nov 18 2004, 07:07 AM
Josey -- I get shipments a couple/times a year from SweetMarias.com -- prefer the taste of the African coffees. The nice things about green beans is that you can store them for long periods of time, roast what you can use in a week or so and you always have nice fresh beans. I love SweetMarias monkey blend for espresso. Yum, yum, just open a vein please and insert!!!
I've usually ground my own but recently tired of that and have been buying pre-ground stuff. I'm not sure I could do the roasting, but it may be fun to try - thanks for the tip.
Old 11-18-2004, 04:28 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I just quit coffee for about the 100th time in my life. I'll get up to about 7 cups a day and then it starts to interfere with my sleep. I have read that coffee is bad for dieting too.

One of my law partners comments when he sees the long line at coffee shops, "the way to get rich is to sell an addictive product that is legal." The family I bought my house from owns several Dunkin Donuts shops. Since I bought my house from them, they have built and sold two more houses, each bigger than the last. I call them the houses that coffee built.

Can you tell I'm mad that I'm not drinking coffee right now???
Old 11-18-2004, 04:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll take mine hot and black please.
Keep that milk/cream/sugar the hell away from my cup!
I'm not into the silly fufu whip cream additions or other stuff like whipped up with ice.
I always grind my own bean.
Every once in a while I will have a flavored bean like a hazelnut but not too often.
To me a dark roast is the best cup of coffee out there.
In addition to the above, I do not use a drip coffee maker, too slow and not hot enough.
My kitchen is equipped with a Faberware electric percolator.
This thing is fast, and the end result is good and hot, just the way it ought to be.

Call me old school if ya want, but I take my joe serious.

Quick Reply: Coffee Lovers Post Here