S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

The "Competition"

Old 04-30-2007, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrCloud,Apr 30 2007, 06:56 PM
^^ Well, see, they got in the habit of chasing people who don't wear underwear...

HPH
Enlightening perhaps but I'm unwilling to go there.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:55 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

OK, I just went 'over there' for the first time in months. It may have some great attributes (chit chat?) but one of the most popular threads was the one about THIS website.

As I countered at the time of the last little tussle, I think that (re ) two sites is not better than one...at least for the health of the community of friends

Just now: +650 members online here; ~50 member online there
Old 04-30-2007, 05:59 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally Posted by paS2K,Apr 30 2007, 08:55 PM
OK, I just went 'over there' for the first time in months. It may have some great attributes (chit chat?) but one of the most popular threads was the one about THIS website.

As I countered at the time of the last little tussle, I think that (re ) two sites is not better than one...at least for the health of the community of friends
Did you bother to look at any of the other threads, or did you just look at the one you're referencing and form your opinion?
Old 04-30-2007, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by ralper,Apr 30 2007, 08:59 PM
Did you bother to look at any of the other threads, or did you just look at the one you're referencing and form your opinion?
Yes, I also looked at the Northeast Forum briefly...didn't seem to have a lot going on. It's great that there's a choice: chocolate, vanilla, or chocolate-vanilla
Old 04-30-2007, 06:20 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally Posted by paS2K,Apr 30 2007, 09:02 PM
Yes, I also looked at the Northeast Forum briefly...didn't seem to have a lot going on. It's great that there's a choice: chocolate, vanilla, or chocolate-vanilla
I'm not sure that I understand your answer about the ice-cream flavors.

As far as the Northeast Forum goes, it was recently formed and there isn't much going on, it takes time to build any forum. It took time to build Vintage. Did you look at the public forums?

As for your comparison of 650 members on line here and 50 on line there, most of those on line here are not in Vintage where you and most of us spend most of our time. That being the case, those numbers are meaningless. Most of those 650 are the people that you come to Vintage to get away from.

None the less, if you feel that you have to build a case for and defend S2KI, so be it. The point of this thread, and the reason it was started was because a thread that was started saying that when S2KI was down, S2KCA warmly welcomed all of the S2KI members who went there was closed by the admins of this forum. How will you defend that?
Old 04-30-2007, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had 2 posts on one of the threads that got locked today. The 2nd post was deleted and the first post was modified to cut out more than half of what I wrote.

I'm not a paying member to S2ki so I won't try to dictate policy. However, I would rather have a posting deleted in its entirety than have some of my words left without the remaining context.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:01 AM

Received 2,615 Likes on 1,582 Posts

^ Closing threads isn't supposed to happen without an explanation...I did see Ludedude making some reference to the deleted thread not being about S2Ki, but that is all. Not much to go on.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:46 AM

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Yes, I am the one who posted the "infamous" thread on S2KI.
I only wanted to point out that I was happy to be well received on the other site. So much so that I decided to join the other site and since then I have been active there.

The disrespect shown by the powers that be on this site left me with a very bad taste in my mouth.

Having said my piece, I will probably not renew my membership on this site when it comes up for renewal in July.
I have many wonderful friends here and will probably visit on occasion but I don't feel that I should support this site any more with my dollars.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:38 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by batguano,May 1 2007, 05:46 AM

Having said my piece, I will probably not renew my membership on this site when it comes up for renewal in July.
I am debating this as well. This deleting of threads is wrong when SOOO many others are left alone and they serve no point at all.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by ralper,Apr 30 2007, 09:20 PM
....None the less, if you feel that you have to build a case for and defend S2KI, so be it. The point of this thread, and the reason it was started was because a thread that was started saying that when S2KI was down, S2KCA warmly welcomed all of the S2KI members who went there was closed by the admins of this forum. How will you defend that?
chocolate= s2ki fans
vanilla= s2kca fans
choco-vanilla= fans who like to double dip

Rob- As many have said before me, "Hey, this is just an online site.....don't take it too seriously". I have been treated wrongly in the past for a silly misunderstanding (and not by the 'admin') but that's old news. Except for my DelVal site, I rarely venture beyond the forum and am happy with the community here. The DV forum has a lot of new 20/30s members.....there are rarely any problems there.

I'm looking forward to a Vintage Gathering in a few days and am sorry that you will not be there. We'll raise a toast to you

Having said that, this is my last post on this thread. Unless there are future changes that I don't like, I'll stick to 'chocolate'

Quick Reply: The "Competition"