S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Vintage Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/)
-   -   Craigslist People (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/craigslist-people-787011/)

jukngene 05-05-2010 01:49 PM

Craigslist People

I have to get this off my chest. :hello: I posted last night on Craigslist that I have 3 oak pallets, FREE for anyone who wants them. I immediately got 4 e-mails, asking for the location, etc. I immediately replied to each, saying please call and I will let you know if they are still available. Do I get any calls??? NO. Do I get any answers to my e-mails? NO. And these are all local responses.

WTF is it with these people? Here I am offering something free; just come by and pick them up. Why do they bother to respond if they have no intention of following up?

Anyone else had similar experiences?

I just want to :banghead:

Thanks for listening! :)

Edit: Anyone on the board want 3 nice, heavy, oak pallets? PM me and they're yours. :)

JonasM 05-05-2010 02:00 PM

Can you bring them to Spring Fling? :LOL:

I never understand these people. :rolleyes:

JonasM

jukngene 05-05-2010 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by JonasM,May 5 2010, 06:00 PM
Can you bring them to Spring Fling? :LOL:

I never understand these people. :rolleyes:

JonasM

I'll be glad to strap them on to the back of the NSX! :D

They're yours!!!

dlq04 05-05-2010 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by jukngene,May 5 2010, 05:49 PM
I immediately replied to each, saying please call and I will let you know if they are still available. Do I get any calls???

You got to give them your phone number? :LOL:

Morris 05-05-2010 03:31 PM

I thought you were ticked at Craigslist, but I see it's just morons out in the world.
I advertised for free items also, got an initial response, with no followup. A couple days later the guy emailed and said he forgot.
If you had charged a buck each, you might have gotten somewhere.
I remember hearing about someone putting some appliance in his front yard, in working order, with a sign that said free. It sat for days until he changed the sign to for sale- $150.00, and it was stolen that night.

Lainey 05-05-2010 04:01 PM

We've only done the Craig's list thing once, with Rick's old camera set up. Bass of NE actually posted the an forwarded the replies to me.

I had more than one express MUCH interest and ask when we could meet. I gave a time and never heard back.

We did get one other one who was interested. We sold him the set up for what less than the price advertised, but for what we had in mind.

Recently our old Toro lawn mower was put outside with a sign that said "Free, it runs!" It was gone in an hour.

We used to accumulate pallets at the shop where I work. We'd put them on the other side of the fence with a sign that said "Free" and they'd be gone in no time.

So far no need for Craig's list to get rid of stuff that is being given away.

Oh and Gene, people are just weird. :suspect:

canberra 05-05-2010 04:17 PM

Like the song sez, Gene.....

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy!" :D

(great song, BTW!)

S2KRAY 05-05-2010 04:20 PM

Caution-A guy saw an ad in Craigs list for an auto in this area and when he showed up to check it out he was robbed at gun point. There was no auto for sale just a plot to rob someone. I believe it happened twice.

jukngene 05-05-2010 04:21 PM

I decided to have a little fun. Here is the original post:

Free Pallets

Here is what I just posted tonight:

Previously Free Pallets

I'll share any responses I get with the board! :)

jukngene 05-05-2010 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by S2KRAY,May 5 2010, 08:20 PM
Caution-A guy saw an ad in Craigs list for an auto in this area and when he showed up to check it out he was robbed at gun point. There was no auto for sale just a plot to rob someone. I believe it happened twice.

Don't worry, Ray. I have not given out my address to anyone.