S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Vintage Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/)
-   -   Craigslist People (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/craigslist-people-787011/)

jukngene 05-06-2010 04:24 PM

Pallet update:

Well, my faith in humanity is partially restored. I received an e-mail this afternoon from someone who is legitimately interested in the pallets, so I called the gentleman, and he says he will be by tomorrow at 9:00 AM to pick them up. I'll let you know the results. Luckily, the trash pick-up is around noon, so if he doesn't make it, out they go!

ralper 05-06-2010 05:09 PM

Gene,

Its too bad you don't live around here. You'd have no problem getting rid of the pallets.

This week is our quarterly "Big Collection" week. People bring all kinds of stuff up to the curb to be taken away by our township's sanitation people. Most of the stuff never ends up in the trash.

Starting on the Sunday night of Big Collection week, people drive around in vans and pickup trucks taking the big collection items that they think have some value. Some of the stuff shows up at the flea market in Dover, some get kept by the person taking it and some, I imagine, ends up on e-Bay.

We put an old desk chair out on Sunday night, within an hour it was gone. A few years ago we put out an old church pew that we had bought at United Homewrecking years ago for our loft. Over the years it had gotten beaten up and it no longer fit with our furnishings. Within a very short time of us putting it at the curb a woman in a van drove by and looked it over. She immediately called her husband to come and help load it. I went up the driveway to give her a hand (we really wanted to get rid of it) and she told me it's just the piece of furniture she'd been looking for.

I'm sure your pallets would've been gone within an hour.

jukngene 05-06-2010 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by ralper,May 6 2010, 09:09 PM
Gene,

Its too bad you don't live around here. You'd have no problem getting rid of the pallets.

This week is our quarterly "Big Collection" week. People bring all kinds of stuff up to the curb to be taken away by our township's sanitation people. Most of the stuff never ends up in the trash.

Starting on the Sunday night of Big Collection week, people drive around in vans and pickup trucks taking the big collection items that they think have some value. Some of the stuff shows up at the flea market in Dover, some get kept by the person taking it and some, I imagine, ends up on e-Bay.

We put an old desk chair out on Sunday night, within an hour it was gone. A few years ago we put out an old church pew that we had bought at United Homewrecking years ago for our loft. Over the years it had gotten beaten up and it no longer fit with our furnishings. Within a very short time of us putting it at the curb a woman in a van drove by and looked it over. She immediately called her husband to come and help load it. I went up the driveway to give her a hand (we really wanted to get rid of it) and she told me it's just the piece of furniture she'd been looking for.

I'm sure your pallets would've been gone within an hour.

I'm sure you're right, Rob. As they say, my trash is someone's treasure. Sure wish that was done around here. We do have a neighborhood yard sale a couple times a year, and the streets are swarming with bargain hunters then.

Conedodger 05-06-2010 06:22 PM

I sold a truck, a car, and a motorcycle within 2 months last year all through Craigslist. I have also made a few purchases. never had any problems.

There was a report in the local news recently about a guy who responded to an ad for a laptop for sale. Being cautious, he met the seller at a Walmart parking lot during daylight business hours. The seller pulled a gun on him, but he managed to wrestle the guy to the ground and with the help of two other guys, subdued him until the police arrived.

jukngene 05-07-2010 05:12 AM

Final Update: The pallets have found a new, happy home where they will be loved and cared for. :heart: My faith in humanity is restored! The guy said he would be here at 9:00 AM, and he pulled up in my driveway promptly at 9:00. :thumbup: We loaded the pallets on his pick-up and away they went! :sadwave:

Kyras 05-07-2010 05:14 AM

:clap: You can have faith that there are good people in the world. :)

Now, how about that stealth car? Are people doing their jobs to make that a reality?

jukngene 05-07-2010 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Kyras,May 7 2010, 09:14 AM
:clap: You can have faith that there are good people in the world. :)

Now, how about that stealth car? Are people doing their jobs to make that a reality?

Yep. I talked to them yesterday and they say everything is moving along. I just wish I could hurry them up a bit.

Kyras 05-07-2010 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by jukngene,May 7 2010, 06:19 AM
Yep. I talked to them yesterday and they say everything is moving along. I just wish I could hurry them up a bit.

Goodie!!