S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Discussion on Television Programs

Old 10-09-2015, 02:47 AM

Received 705 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
We met up with another couple in their MG for an early dinner at lake patio bar. These 70* days in MI are the best. Dinner and drinks lasted 3.5 hours with tons of laughs. So, we wrapped things up and we came home where we binged on 3-hours of Limitless (1st 3 shows). So we are now up to speed. Its a pretty good show with a mix of comedy, etc. Thankfully, the next show I will not have to sit through all those damn commercials, like we did watching it On Demand.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I think it shows promise, but somewhere in the back of my mind I wonder if the writers/producers will manage to ruin it. I love the movie and was so hoping this would be an interesting program.

Rob, I've never watched Shark Tank, but I understand your feelings. I often feel the same way about various programs. I loved How to Get Away with Murder the first few times I watched it and then OMG it got so evil that I wondered why I wasted my time. If I could not DVR programs and skip commericals I don't think I'd watch television at all. I have a hard time sitting for a full hour anyway and to have to sit through zillions of the same ole, same ole commercials over and over ruins the experience for me. While commericials are running my mind wanders and I think of all the things I could be doing that are far more fulfilling.
Old 10-11-2015, 12:33 PM

We've discovered several fairly interesting television programs on South Carolina Public Television that may also air on PBS in your area. Saturday night is normally a dead night for tv but there are three programs that we enjoy. Father Brown comes on here at 8 on Sat night, Doc Martin at 9 and the Doctor Blake Mysteries at 10. None of these programs has commercial breaks, but normally they last about 45 minutes and then PBS runs something to fill in the remaining 15 minutes. These are programs produced by BBC-TV. They're neat little programs that some of you may enjoy.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:15 PM

Received 4,929 Likes on 2,989 Posts

Val, the more I watch Quantico the more I like it - I think you'd like that show.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:24 PM

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,649 Posts

I've been recording The Voice and have just seen the blind auditions, so far. I love the banter between the judges and how they always manage to find something encouraging to say to the contestants even if no one turned around.

I like the Shark Tank, but can't stand "Mr. Wonderful." He's so rude!
Old 10-16-2015, 01:42 AM

Val, the more I watch Quantico the more I like it - I think you'd like that show.
I'll check it out. Thanks.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:01 AM

I watched a few episodes and think I've caught up. I do not enjoy this show, Dave. I'm not into the "wrongfully accused, forever being chased" theme. I also would find it extremely troubling if that's the way the FBI training is conducted. OMG. I enjoyed How to get away with Murder last season, but this season, not so much. I feel the same way about Scandal and could only tolerate part of one season of that program. I believe Shonda Rhimes goes totally berserk with the quick success of her programs and then derails somehow just to see how long people will watch her ridiculous schemes. I'm still enjoying Limitless and Blindspot. I hope the Syfy network comes up with something really good soon. Tv is pretty sucky right now. I've been reading A LOT.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:24 AM

Received 2,584 Likes on 1,565 Posts

In addition to my HGTV shows, I've been watching a show on TLC called My Big Fat Fabulous Life. I like Whitney and her message. Her mother is pretty funny, too. It's probably not a guy show, though.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by MsPerky
In addition to my HGTV shows, I've been watching a show on TLC called My Big Fat Fabulous Life. I like Whitney and her message. Her mother is pretty funny, too. It's probably not a guy show, though.
I saw a episode of that a long time back. It is neat. I seldom watch hgtv or tlc anymore. I think I o'ded on both of those networks.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:02 AM

Received 4,929 Likes on 2,989 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine
Originally Posted by dlq04' timestamp='1444968941' post='23776940
I watched a few episodes and think I've caught up. I do not enjoy this show, Dave. I'm not into the "wrongfully accused, forever being chased" theme. I also would find it extremely troubling if that's the way the FBI training is conducted. OMG. I enjoyed How to get away with Murder last season, but this season, not so much. I feel the same way about Scandal and could only tolerate part of one season of that program. I believe Shonda Rhimes goes totally berserk with the quick success of her programs and then derails somehow just to see how long people will watch her ridiculous schemes. I'm still enjoying Limitless and Blindspot. I hope the Syfy network comes up with something really good soon. Tv is pretty sucky right now. I've been reading A LOT.
I'm not into the "wrongfully accused, forever being chased" theme.
Like The Blacklist. I don't have a clue how real FBI training is done these days. My HS friend who's in the FBI never talks about it.

Did a little binge watching the other night and watched three Homeland shows; wacko still plays a good part but too many shows have the same theme - the good guy in one season is the bad guy in the next and the bad guy in the prior is the good guy in the current. That gets old.

I was bored last night and watched the 1st show of Blindspot. Not too sure about that one. Limitless is pretty good.

My favorite show is Red Wings hockey but for several weeks they have back-to-back games on Friday & Saturday nights, which forces me to find something to watch during the week nights.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:21 AM

Oh, I like Blacklist. I have several episodes of Public Morals recorded and I think Blacklist is on my recorded list as well along with an episode of Dr Who. I'm up to date with Homeland and have totally lost interest in The Affair so I'm not sure I'll watch anymore episodes of that. I've got Code Black recorded too. It looks kind of interesting. I may catch up on that fairly soon. We'll see. I watch a few things here and there when I get tired of reading or I don't have anything knew to read.

Quick Reply: Discussion on Television Programs