S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Favorite Things

Old 02-18-2008, 04:02 AM

Received 713 Likes on 437 Posts
Default Favorite Things

Some time ago we had some fun chatting about our favorite things. The things I love the most are the things that make my life more pleasant. I absolutely LOVE gadgets and high-tech toys, so I'd LOVE to hear about yours. Recently I added a new member to my list of favorite things and thought it may be fun to hear about your favorite things or gadgets. For reasons we all know, it is not necessary to list your S unless perhaps it is your only favorite thing.

Here's my list (probably in order of importance)

1) My computers of course
2) My Gaggia superautomatic espresso machine which relieves me of the need to EVER make coffee the old way again or (perish the thought) drink bad coffee

3) My gps units
and last but not least:
4) My Irobot automatic vacuum machine. I LOVE IT. It just efficiently cleans my house spic and span and returns to its little docking station and recharges for the next cleaning. I've ordered a second one for downstairs. I've named him Apollo and if I weren't already married, I'd marry Apollo. I think I'll name the second one Columbia. Its very interesting to watch them back up, turn around and very slowly dock in the little docking station. Ahhh, Robot love
Old 02-18-2008, 04:14 AM

Received 3,523 Likes on 2,383 Posts

now if Irobot built a lawn mower....
Old 02-18-2008, 04:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a VERY old Roomba and it has been disappointing. Not that smart, gets caught on things, eats cords, does not pickup all the dirt. Glad to hear the new ones work better! Sounds very cool That is another gadget on the someday list. I love that you named it

My favorite things are (car - goes w/o saying), computer, iPod, DVR ("Tivo" is one brand).

My entire life is on the computer I am using right now... personal and business. Music, photos, code for web sites, accounting, logins, contacts. (Yes I do backups.)

The iPod makes my car trips even more enjoyable by bringing my music with me.

The DVR lets me be gone any time or any day(s) and never miss the few shows that I really like to watch, like racing when I am at a meet or drive

I can also pause live TV so if the phone rings while watching something I did not already tape, I can pause the show for up to 1 hour then resume watching from where I was. I think DVR is the coolest invention since the air plane. I'd give up my blow-drier before DVR and THAT is saying ALOT
Old 02-18-2008, 04:24 AM

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Love my computer. HAVE to have one. It's used to communicate with all you fine people,plan trips, do research, display and email pictures of my loved ones, and I pay the bills on it too, saving a TON of money in postage.

Love the GPS, don't ever want to be without one of those.

Love the little flash drives that make it easy to back up "stuff" or take "stuff" from one computer to the other.

Love my flat iron that takes away the frizzies in my hair. Not high tech, but useful.

And, though it's not high tech (anymore) I still love my little Sony walkman that I use, yes, when walking. Having music in my ears while exercising is quite enjoyable. I still appreciate how good the sound is coming out of those teeny little headphones.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by boltonblue,Feb 18 2008, 08:14 AM
now if Irobot built a lawn mower....
They DO build a gutter cleaning robot in which I have an interest, a shop cleaner (which would be great for the garage) and a wet-washer for the floors. I'd love it if they made a window washer that could shimmy up a ladder and wash the 2nd floor windows. I just have to hire people for that.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm DEFINITELY not making any comments about "robot love"...

Gadgets are indeed seductive, though. I just got a new phone on which I can get email and that I can sync my daily calendar to. So, goodbye Blackberry -- I'm able to carry only one device around now. I feel liberated.

And Claire has been diligently digitizing all the old photos of her family archive, so I got her one of those LCD picture frames for her birthday. That turns out to be quite a nifty thing -- you can set it to show one or cycle through a list, and the picture quality is as good as the scanned images.

As far as "favorite things" go, though, I have lots in the general category of that song (not, though those specific things). The outdoors world, unfettered by civilization, would be an overall winner, for me. HPH
Old 02-18-2008, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by DrCloud,Feb 18 2008, 08:54 AM
I'm DEFINITELY not making any comments about "robot love"...

Gadgets are indeed seductive, though. I just got a new phone on which I can get email and that I can sync my daily calendar to. So, goodbye Blackberry -- I'm able to carry only one device around now. I feel liberated.
, Dr. C. Please tell me about the new phone. My palmpilot died a while back and I miss it horribly. I need a new gadget (LOL). If I had limitless resources, my entire house would operate on "auto pilot". I'm just waiting for IRobot to invent a cooking kitchen/bathroom model and I'll be in line to buy it.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:49 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine are:

My Siruis radio- although in the new Accord, I have XM.

I love my PDA.

My iPod with the Nike attachment to measure my distance while running.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:51 AM

Received 2,992 Likes on 1,664 Posts

[QUOTE=valentine,Feb 18 2008, 05:02 AM] Some time ago we had some fun chatting about our favorite things.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:04 AM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine,Feb 18 2008, 08:41 AM
They DO build a gutter cleaning robot in which I have an interest, a shop cleaner (which would be great for the garage) and a wet-washer for the floors. I'd love it if they made a window washer that could shimmy up a ladder and wash the 2nd floor windows. I just have to hire people for that.
Val,please,let me know,when they build an Irobot,snowblower.

Quick Reply: Favorite Things