Hagerty predicts the S2000.... - Page 2 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > S2000 Vintage Owners
Reload this Page >

Hagerty predicts the S2000....

Notices
S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Hagerty predicts the S2000....

 
Old 03-06-2019, 07:23 PM
  #11  
 
dlq04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Mish-she-gan
Posts: 29,330
Thanked 44 Times in 41 Posts
Default

If I liked cars I could probably follow this but NSX's and Porsche's . . . who would have thought they had a future.
dlq04 is online now  
Old 03-07-2019, 04:45 AM
  #12  
 
Lainey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Smalltown
Posts: 55,295
Thanked 42 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Of our three vehicles, the Honda is the most expensive to insure, yet it is the oldest. That must mean it's worth like a million bucks!
Lainey is offline  
Old 03-07-2019, 05:04 AM
  #13  
Thread Starter
 
Legal Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Canton, MA
Posts: 32,780
Thanked 37 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dlq04 View Post
If I liked cars I could probably follow this but NSX's and Porsche's . . . who would have thought they had a future.
If I really love it, it's usually expensive.
Legal Bill is offline  
Old 03-07-2019, 06:12 AM
  #14  
tof
 
tof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Long Beach, MS
Posts: 8,759
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
Of our three vehicles, the Honda is the most expensive to insure, yet it is the oldest. That must mean it's worth like a million bucks!
Either that or it is most likely to make holes in things, especially in the hands of the over-enthusiastic and under-experienced..
tof is offline  
Old 03-07-2019, 06:38 AM
  #15  
 
Lainey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Smalltown
Posts: 55,295
Thanked 42 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by tof View Post
Either that or it is most likely to make holes in things, especially in the hands of the over-enthusiastic and under-experienced..
Actually I think you are right. The insurance company assigns some kind of rating. Cars that are stolen, cracked up, etc, are often rated accordingly, which results in higher premium for all, not just the over-enthusiastic and under-experienced. They nail those people with surcharges when they crack up said cars.
Lainey is offline  
Old 03-07-2019, 07:11 AM
  #16  
 
Scooterboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Medina, OH
Posts: 19,409
Thanked 29 Times in 28 Posts
Default

I'm surprised that of the two S2000's that I have now the older '06 costs more to insure than the newer '09. Go figure!
Scooterboy is offline  
Old 03-07-2019, 07:19 AM
  #17  
 
Conedodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 13,390
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Scooterboy View Post
I'm surprised that of the two S2000's that I have now the older '06 costs more to insure than the newer '09. Go figure!
In the insurance company's eyes, older means harder to find parts for. The government mandates that replacement parts are available for 10 years. (In reality, the '06 shares most of it's parts with the '09, so finding parts shouldn't be any more difficult.)
Conedodger is offline  
Old 03-07-2019, 07:33 AM
  #18  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,117
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

When I had my little accident in Gettysburg, the cost of repair went up dramatically when they found that they couldn't find used parts and needed to use new OEM parts. The door was available from somewhere in California, but the rear quarter and the inner quarter had to be shipped from Japan. They probably had to tool up to manufacture the parts. The body man who did my car had been in the business for 30+ years and was impressed with the build quality of S2000. He said that new trucks aren't built that well.
Jet sitter is offline  
Old 03-07-2019, 01:42 PM
  #19  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Foothills East of Sacramento
Posts: 2,773
Thanked 53 Times in 47 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Legal Bill View Post
Will increase in value by 88% in the next five years.... If it is a CR. Oh well. Vanishing Point should be pleased. Isn't he the member that collects them??
He sold them all but one about 6 months ago. He gave the prices and they were sold in 2 days.
cosmomiller is offline  
Old 03-07-2019, 02:06 PM
  #20  
Former Moderator
 
zdave87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 77,375
Thanked 212 Times in 200 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jet sitter View Post
When I had my little accident in Gettysburg, the cost of repair went up dramatically when they found that they couldn't find used parts and needed to use new OEM parts. The door was available from somewhere in California, but the rear quarter and the inner quarter had to be shipped from Japan. They probably had to tool up to manufacture the parts. The body man who did my car had been in the business for 30+ years and was impressed with the build quality of S2000. He said that new trucks aren't built that well.
Pretty much the same here after my accident. All OEM parts were used.
zdave87 is offline  

Quick Reply: Hagerty predicts the S2000....


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands