S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Vintage Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/)
-   -   Hmm, Vacuum or Espresso? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/hmm-vacuum-espresso-806950/)

valentine 08-03-2010 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by MsPerky,Aug 3 2010, 09:07 AM
We have a Dell Inspiron desktop, which we bought about 1.5 years ago. Fine so far. But I haven't been in touch with customer support, either. :) I find I like the online chat customer support when it's offered. I use it with Comcast when needed. Forget the phone if at all possible.

We have 3 Dell computers. After hours/days/weeks of wrangling with Dell about our desktop computer years ago, they finally replaced it (after two hd crashes due to a faulty bunch of hard drives imported from someplace). I've kept up with updates, updated the RAM to a decent speed, bought a new screen and it has performed very well for SEVEN years. I have a 2003 laptop (also Dell) that I placed in my kitchen. I also updated the RAM in that one and it limps along well enough for me to look up recipes, check email, etc. Jim got a new inspiron a few months ago and he loves it. He has a little office setup at a built-in rolltop that was here when we bought the house and he's happy so far with his Dell. The only reason I think I stick with Dell is certainly not the customer service, but the ease of simply going online, browsing the site, signing in and ordering things when I need them. I've found a local computer repair company that is wayyyyy cheaper and far more knowledgeable than Best Buy, so when I have simple issues with the computer, I call the local company. The service is superior!!!!! Their technician set up my wireless arrangement, loaded my av software, cleaned the systems on all 3 computers, tuned everything and even hooked up my ancient stereo system in the den. The cost for everything was only $95 and he was here several hours. I'm happy. :) I just love geeks. :heart: :cool:

NoContest 08-03-2010 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by valentine,Aug 2 2010, 03:48 PM
It was a deLongi and I wouldn't have wanted it. :) My Gaggia is still working fine and is downstairs in my kitchen. HOWEVER, I would not buy another Gaggia (it has apparently been bought out by Saeco). I have a lovely little Saeco Spidem Villa that was a couple hundred dollars cheaper than the Gaggia that I use upstairs in the rec room bar area. It does not have a bypass doser, but since I never use preground coffee I don't miss it. The Saeco espresso is far superior to the Gaggia and it has rapid steam and a nice frother. I seldom make cappuccino and usually just swig an espresso or long espresso in the morning, but on occasion I enjoy a cappuccino. The Saeco beats the Gaggia for flavor, temperature of the product and ease of operation. The Saeco is much quieter than the Gaggia. I keep thinking I'm going to move the machines around, but they're too heavy to deal with at this time. When my back is well or some big strong fella comes along I'll tackle that one. :)

I'm think about buying one of those too but it's so much $$$! :eek:

NoContest 08-03-2010 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by valentine,Aug 3 2010, 06:10 AM
We have 3 Dell computers. After hours/days/weeks of wrangling with Dell about our desktop computer years ago, they finally replaced it (after two hd crashes due to a faulty bunch of hard drives imported from someplace). I've kept up with updates, updated the RAM to a decent speed, bought a new screen and it has performed very well for SEVEN years. I have a 2003 laptop (also Dell) that I placed in my kitchen. I also updated the RAM in that one and it limps along well enough for me to look up recipes, check email, etc. Jim got a new inspiron a few months ago and he loves it. He has a little office setup at a built-in rolltop that was here when we bought the house and he's happy so far with his Dell. The only reason I think I stick with Dell is certainly not the customer service, but the ease of simply going online, browsing the site, signing in and ordering things when I need them. I've found a local computer repair company that is wayyyyy cheaper and far more knowledgeable than Best Buy, so when I have simple issues with the computer, I call the local company. The service is superior!!!!! Their technician set up my wireless arrangement, loaded my av software, cleaned the systems on all 3 computers, tuned everything and even hooked up my ancient stereo system in the den. The cost for everything was only $95 and he was here several hours. I'm happy. :) I just love geeks. :heart: :cool:

I purchase computers for our office and throughout the years we've had mixed results, most good some VERY bad.

But the service is so bad that I just don't call anymore (wasted too many hours on the phone accomplishing nothing).

NoContest 08-03-2010 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by timdonna1,Aug 3 2010, 05:11 AM
Maybe you were the lucky one who recieved the prototype which makes you an espresso WHILE it vacuums :eek3: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Kyras 08-03-2010 07:10 AM

Valentine, I received some extra gold chain for hanging a chandelier, a second time, months after getting the one I did order. I called the company twice but they didn't want it back, I guess. I've never received the wrong item though.

Scooterboy 08-03-2010 07:47 AM

I'm amazed at the comments about Dell. The customer service is top notch. The people we deal with are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Now the kicker...we deal with the business side of Dell. We have our own dedicated sales rep who is there to solve our problems. I tried one time to use Dell with the "Home" side and it was terrible. The call center was in India and you couldn't understand a thing they said.

It all depends on who you deal through.

Morris 08-03-2010 08:26 AM

I haven't called Dell in a long time, but also deal with the business side and have had no problems. My Dell I am typing on this moment has served flawlessly for four years. It is probably my 6th or 7th Dell.
[Knock on Wood]

ralper 08-03-2010 09:57 AM

I've bought from Dell on both the business and home side. I've never purchased an extended warranty nor have I paid extra for the "special" customer service which entitles you to talk to a tech here in the states.

As I said in my earlier posts, years ago their customer service was excellent. The techs knew what they were talking about and worked very hard to get it right. A good part of Dell's reputation was built on that customer service. In the last number of years I have had a horrible time calling their customer service/tech lines. I've gotten the run around, spent many hours on the phone and as often as not ended the call no better off then when I starteded.

Recently I've had a notebook that had to have it's motherboard replaced twice. When that still didn't solve the problem, I had to take a refurbished machine in it's place. The other two notebooks that I own are wheezing, but are past warranty. One had a bad lcd screen and can only be used with a monitor, and the other is literally falling apart. These are computer that are not abused shouldn't be giving me the problems that they are giving me.

As a matter of fact, I'm getting ready to buy another notebook and I don't know what to get. I don't particularly like the HP line, won't buy another Dell and don't want a Lenovo. I' m probably going to buy a Macbook Pro and use bootcamp to load Windows 7. I have one Macbook and running windows its better than any PC I own.

valentine 08-03-2010 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by NoContest,Aug 3 2010, 10:38 AM
I'm think about buying one of those too but it's so much $$$! :eek:

They are expensive, but I absolutely LOVE espresso. I seldom drink the fru-fru drinks with a lot of this and that, but enjoy latte and cappucino, both of which are espresso based. I started with inexpensive machines and after burning through them like crazy, finally bit the bullet and bought a superauto. I haven't regretted it. My first machine lasted for several years before it gave up the ghost and I replaced it with a similar one but updated. I do not remember the cost, but remember thinking about quitting my espresso habit. :) At the time we had a vacation place and I bought a less expensive Saeco super auto for it. We recently moved to the SC coast to a two-story house and it is quite a luxury to have machines on both floors. As is typical of an arrogant American, I want my espresso and I want it right now. :rolleyes: :D :D I've bought all my superautos from Wholelattelove.com and find their customer service to be user friendly. My son has bought several machines on e-bay and has been happy with his purchases. He visited us for a about a week recently and I become grossly spoiled to having my cappucinos delivered to me as soon as I woke up in the morning. I wish he'd come back. :)

zzziippyyy 08-03-2010 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by ralper,Aug 2 2010, 02:30 PM
Don't ever buy a Dell computer if you want good customer service, or any customer service at all.

:LOL:

FTR espresso>vacuum anyday!

And Dell CS is the worst ever!