S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

How to print thread from this forum

Old 08-19-2018, 12:32 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default How to print thread from this forum

Hi all,

I wanted to make a pdf of this thread about retirement healthcare. I'm using windows 10 and Chrome and printing to a pdf is horrible. Looks like this:

Any ideas on how to capture this thread for her?

And no, the answer isn't referring her to this page. She's not exactly computer friendly.

thanks in advance
Old 08-19-2018, 12:51 PM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

Can you just highlite and copy the threads and then paste them in an e-mail to her the replies you are interested in?
Levi
Old 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NNY S2k
Can you just highlite and copy the threads and then paste them in an e-mail to her the replies you are interested in?
Levi
That didn't work, but I saved the page as a HTML file and then opened it in Word, which let me edit out the detritus.

thanks
Old 08-19-2018, 01:48 PM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

Levi
Old 08-19-2018, 03:59 PM

Received 3,500 Likes on 2,367 Posts

can you print as .XPS file?
Old 08-23-2018, 06:32 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Health insurance and out of pocket expenses will end up costing you hundreds of thousands of dollars in the years to come. I wouldn't rely on that thread for anything. It is just a bunch of people telling you what they did. Everyone has a different situation. I would read this article (or one like it, they are all over the internet, just don't focus on something from some radical nut-job group) and talk to your employer about what is available through your work. If still confused, go talk to a consultant or financial adviser who specializes in health care issues.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/the...ent-1486186876
Old 08-23-2018, 08:53 AM

Received 2,746 Likes on 1,620 Posts

^
If I believe this is the case for everyone, we would never be able to retire. There is a lot of gloom and doom if one thinks of all the possible health issues that may crop up, and no we can't afford the first class treatment options if any of those health issues pop up. We have to roll the dice and hope for a healthy retirement and a quick death. Our friend, on Medicare and the same Medicare supplement that Rick has just had bypass surgery. I'll be curious to see what he ended up having to dish out.

If I read the article, there is mention of various things that Medicare doesn't cover Is that really any different from a company plan turning down a request for an MRI or surgery at a particular out of network facility??? When I had shoulder surgeries, my PT was limited even then. Some of these limitations are to be expected with whomever one is insured with. Sure, some may have the option to pay for out of network doctors, or PT after the insurance coverage has ended, but that is not the Average Joe.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:25 AM

The article tells you it is focused on the people who will have a retirement income that the government designates as "wealthy." That income seems to start about $100K a year
Old 08-23-2018, 11:06 AM

Received 2,746 Likes on 1,620 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
The article tells you it is focused on the people who will have a retirement income that the government designates as "wealthy." That income seems to start about $100K a year
I did catch that however non wealthy folks can get many of those ailments too. I guess we just won't get the first class medical care. I might be able to make do with a low end walker, however, teeth are not optional in my world....I'll find the $ for that expense if needed.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey
I did catch that however non wealthy folks can get many of those ailments too. I guess we just won't get the first class medical care. I might be able to make do with a low end walker, however, teeth are not optional in my world....I'll find the $ for that expense if needed.
Premiums for medicare and medicare supplemental policies are based more on income than age and risk.

Quick Reply: How to print thread from this forum