S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Vintage Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/)
-   -   Hurricane Irma (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/hurricane-irma-1177267/)

valentine 09-11-2017 01:58 AM

All my rels are ok. Don't know how much damage as cell service was spotty. Sister in law lost power at 9:30 yesterday morning, but has a generator. Just glad they're safe and hope to hear more today. My daughter's observation was somewhat keen. She said "I'd just love to tell them that we wouldn't have had to worry so much if they'd just left when they were told." Tru dat.

MsPerky 09-11-2017 04:43 AM

Sis's house in Melbourne has no water and no power. The wind blew rain under their front door and they spent all night putting towels down to soak it all up. So now lots of wet towels to dry and no dryer.

Conedodger 09-11-2017 05:15 AM

My Dad and his lady friend each have condos in Sarasota. Her's is beach front on Siesta Key. Fortunately, they summer in North Carolina and haven't headed to Florida yet. My aunt, however is in a first floor condo in Sarasota. Also have relatives and a good friend in the Tampa area that decided to ride it out. :fingerscrossed:

MsPerky 09-11-2017 05:45 AM

I believe I saw that no access is being allowed to Siesta Key right now. Looks like the water plant in Venice had a breakdown, so no water there. That's where my friend's mother lives. She came up here with her other daughter last week to get away from Irma.

dlq04 09-11-2017 01:57 PM

We like St Augustine; been there many times. Heck, its just down the road from my daughter's place - they are fine. No power but otherwise no issues.

MsPerky 09-11-2017 02:48 PM

Grant has posted that both his house and business came through fine. He's very lucky!

Scooterboy 09-11-2017 03:31 PM

My brother's trailer in LaBelle came thru reasonably well. Some minor damage but an outbuilding flooded. My sister still doesn't know how her house faired. The streets are flooded and police are not letting anyone into her community yet.

MsPerky 09-12-2017 12:41 AM

I'm getting concerned about my sis and her hubby. The talk of power loss for weeks is not good. It has to take a long time to restore 7+ million people!! I have to check on the water situation, also. I believe priority is being given to restoring water before power. They have one of those power packs to charge their cell phones, but I don't know how long it will last.

EDIT - Florida Power says east coast will take a week or more. West coast involves rebuilding large portions of the grid and will be much longer. Now that I think about it, they need electricity to pump water, right? So how can they do the water first? :thinker: You can tell I'm not a utilities expert.

MsPerky 09-12-2017 01:41 AM

^ Found this:

All Melbourne Water Customers Urged to Conserve Water

Post Date:09/11/2017 8:59 PM
Hurricane Irma has considerably degraded the water quality in our main source of water, Lake Washington. It is taking a great deal more water in the production process to treat and deliver safe water for our customers.

Until conditions change, we will not be able to keep up with current demand.

The water is currently safe, but if current demand is not reduced, we will have to issue a system-wide Precautionary Boil Water Notice.

spt-s2k 09-12-2017 02:33 AM

Thankfully my family came through this with very little damage and still have power.