S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Join Us In Vintage Politics

Old 11-12-2018, 04:57 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts
Default Join Us In Vintage Politics

Join us in Vintage Politics. A few of us are left of center, a few of us are right of center. The discussions are lively, interesting and always civilized. On the rare occasions when it gets a little heated or distasteful we police ourselves. Its the place where you can disagree with others in the thread and remain friends. As a matter of fact, a recent disagreement led to charitable donations in the excess of $300 to The St. Judes Children's Hospital and the Harry Chapin Food Bank. And all along we became good friends and had some fun. Everybody wins when you learn something and worthy charities benefit.

Occasionally we bet on the outcome of political events and the beneficiary is always a charity. You could be a part of this too. We have a great cast of characters (menches and balaboostas) and we're looking for more. It's only two years to the next presidential election and there's an awful lot going on. Lots to discuss.

All you need to do is be a paying member of this site, click on politics and join the discussion. Yes, your opinion counts, and it does make a difference.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:06 PM

Received 2,992 Likes on 1,664 Posts

I pop in to see what's up. That's enough for me.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:41 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I'm glad to hear the politics subforum is so nice now, Rob. I'll stay out here and keep it that way.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:58 AM

Received 4,962 Likes on 3,005 Posts

I can only take so much of it. Haven't been there for a while and I don't miss it.
Old 11-13-2018, 12:16 PM

Received 2,533 Likes on 1,528 Posts

Much too far to the left for me!
Old 11-13-2018, 01:05 PM

Received 1,193 Likes on 926 Posts

I tend to be closer to the middle on a lot of political things. But I have found here and pretty much on any forum that unless you are hard one direction or the other you are pretty much going to be lit on fire. So I prefer to stay out of most any political discussion online any more.The key to any successful team, beyond anything else, is for people to work together and appreciate each others opinions even if they do not agree.. so they can actually try to reach common ground. I have seen zero evidence of this type of behavior here, on any other forum or even in general to be honest and I feel that, beyond all other issues, is the reason for most of our issues in society. People are looking for enemies to fight from behind their keyboards, not ways to come together. Sad, but that is all I have seen online.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:19 PM

Received 705 Likes on 477 Posts

I prefer to stay away.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:25 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by engifineer
I tend to be closer to the middle on a lot of political things. But I have found here and pretty much on any forum that unless you are hard one direction or the other you are pretty much going to be lit on fire. So I prefer to stay out of most any political discussion online any more.The key to any successful team, beyond anything else, is for people to work together and appreciate each others opinions even if they do not agree.. so they can actually try to reach common ground. I have seen zero evidence of this type of behavior here, on any other forum or even in general to be honest and I feel that, beyond all other issues, is the reason for most of our issues in society. People are looking for enemies to fight from behind their keyboards, not ways to come together. Sad, but that is all I have seen online.
I agree completely.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:14 PM

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,628 Posts

This may sound silly to those of you who enjoy the politics forum, but I often don't see the point of political discussions. Does anyone change their mind or their political leanings due to a debate? I know I won't. My boss leans right, I lean left, I am beyond understanding how he can vote the way he has, and I'm sure he feels the same knowing the way I lean. Generally we have agreed not to discuss politics. We did agree on one thing in the recent election. There was a local guy running for a position on the ballot...The guy has been a sleazy guy from way back. He did not get a vote from either of us.

Remember the party rule, no discussing sex, politics and religion. I will adjust that rule to allow two out of those three topics to be discussed. Politics would not make the cut.

I will continue to pass on the political discussions.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:48 PM

Received 2,992 Likes on 1,664 Posts

I am so glad we have the politics sub-forum in Vintage!! I was very unhappy when *that shit*, in my opinion, started coming out in the original Vintage forum. I very much like having them separate.

Quick Reply: Join Us In Vintage Politics