S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Vintage Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/)
-   -   Masters (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/masters-1193314/)

dlq04 04-14-2019 11:24 AM

Masters
 
Personally I have never had any interest to play golf. In fact, the only time I've ever been to a golf course is to visit the 19th hole. So I even surprised myself by watching the last several holes of the Masters. I kept waiting for the announcers to really jinks Tiger as they had him winning with at least two or more holes to go. It clearly was an emotional win for him and for golf. Congrats to him and you golf fans.

I was asked to join company teams for years, bought clubs for my kids, but I grew up playing pool and found it similar to golf at least in some ways.

MsPerky 04-14-2019 11:44 AM

I watched most of it. I have not liked Tiger as a person, but he certainly made golf and sports history today. Amazing...

dlq04 04-14-2019 11:59 AM

I thought he really looked old when he took off his hat! Those wild and crazy days have aged him.

S2KRAY 04-14-2019 03:10 PM


Originally Posted by dlq04 (Post 24589710)
I thought he really looked old when he took off his hat! Those wild and crazy days have aged him.

He may have looked old but he beat a field of young gunslingers almost 1/2 his age .He still intimidates his opponents with his experience and focus. Greatest come back in sports history. And, he has been more interactive with the fans, signing autographs for the kids and high fiveing. He could beat Nicklaus's record with 4 more major wins. I watch him for his great golf not his personal life.

dlq04 04-14-2019 07:44 PM


Originally Posted by S2KRAY (Post 24589748)
He may have looked old but he beat a field of young gunslingers almost 1/2 his age .He still intimidates his opponents with his experience and focus. Greatest come back in sports history. And, he has been more interactive with the fans, signing autographs for the kids and high fiveing. He could beat Nicklaus's record with 4 more major wins. I watch him for his great golf not his personal life.

I understand that and a large part of me agrees. Why do we think every superstar has to pass some high standard? Appreciate their skill and who cares what they do in their off hours! (Did I rock the boat with that one). :LOL:

S2KRAY 04-15-2019 04:13 AM


Originally Posted by dlq04 (Post 24589861)
I understand that and a large part of me agrees. Why do we think every superstar has to pass some high standard? Appreciate their skill and who cares what they do in their off hours! (Did I rock the boat with that one). :LOL:

I agree Dave.

MsPerky 04-15-2019 04:32 AM

Well, that is fine when you are viewing it as an adult. But these stars have a responsibility IMO to present themselves as honorable and respectable people to kids who look up to them. Unfortunately, some don't.

engifineer 04-15-2019 05:25 AM

When we do not have a majority of kids in broken homes, lots of them due to their parents having affairs or putting their own interests in front of their kids, then I will start saying we hold celebs (who live much less attached to the real world) to a higher standard ;) Parents today and society as a whole are a worse influence on our kids than a pro golfer who cheats on his wife.

With that, I do watch some golf now and then when I am in front of the TV and it is on. Pretty cool how he did in this one. Missed it due to instructing a novice autocross school :P

NNY S2k 04-15-2019 05:40 AM


Originally Posted by dlq04 (Post 24589706)
Personally I have never had any interest to play golf.

Same here.....did try it twice, didn't care for it. Took too much time.....and is rather pricey if I recall.
Levi

engifineer 04-15-2019 05:44 AM

I have played a few times. It is a lot of fun, but very hard and yes, pricey :P I suck, so I normally hit one decent shot that makes me want to try again lol. But instead, we save the money and just play disc golf. Much cheaper and much more fun for me! I probably fit in more there than on a regular golf course..


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:23 PM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands