S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Meerkat Manor

Old 10-09-2007, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meerkat Manor

Has anyone been following this program? For my money, it is the best show on TV at the moment. The photography alone is awesome and painstakingly done, the narration is great and well paced, the story line is very interesting as the producers put tracking devices on selected Meerkats and follow them around for 4 years. One can really get caught up in the suspense, intrigue, and sex lives of the various clans and family members. The "kats" seem more like people as you get to know them. I cried when Flower, the fearless leader of the Whiskers, who are the main family, died from a snakebite. I haven't been the same since. A truly great series. Am I the only nut out there in animal land?
Old 10-09-2007, 10:23 AM

That show is awesome! Discovery HD channels are THE BEST channels available.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:27 AM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

I posted about Meerkat Manor before a bit...think Val tuned in after I mentioned it. Or maybe it was you. Anywho, it's a great show. I missed a few episodes this season, but did see a repeat of the one where Flower died. A very entertaining soap opera!
Old 10-09-2007, 12:28 PM

Received 4,956 Likes on 3,004 Posts

That's the only channel +1 watches; so naturally I have seen a show or two. It is interesting how their lives often parallel us. Look out for snakes.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by dlq04,Oct 9 2007, 04:28 PM
Look out for snakes.

Now, now, Dave, is that anyway to talk about our fellow car enthusiasts?

Old 10-09-2007, 12:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sorry to hear Flower died. I haven't been able to watch in a little while because I only have off the air TV while construction is going on for my new home. Sigh, one day maybe.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:46 PM

Received 221 Likes on 164 Posts

Yeah, G-rod, my Mary told me that Flower died.

I've watched the little varmints on occasion.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:14 PM

Received 709 Likes on 434 Posts

Love the show but seldom get to watch it. I'm sad that Flower died . I've started heading to bed earlier since I've not been feeling up to par so I gave up television for the most part and watch very little of it. On occasion I catch a daytime rerun of Meerkat during the daytime when I'm having lunch, but it is a great program and I'd highly recommend it. Its the only reality tv I watch. (Oh and yes, MsP it was your headsup that caused me to tune in)
Old 10-10-2007, 04:30 AM

It was so cute when they did a walk down memory lane of Flower, much like they do when any great person dies. They showed how she'd built the Whiskers up to 40+ strong and what a good leader she was. It was like a dignary had died.

Now Rocket Dog (her daughter) is trying to fill her shoes and did a fairly good job of counter-attacking the Zappas but it's just not the same. And poor Zaphod (Flower's mate and dominate male) doesn't know what to do with himself since he can't mate with his daughters. They're going to have to chase him out of the pack so an outside dominate male can come in and keep the gene pool from much more incest. Yep, it's just like in real life in a lot of ways. I'd just like to know what happened to the "dreaded" Laszuli. What a great idea for a story.

DL, please let your wife know she's got a fellow Meerkat lover here.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:07 AM

Apparently, you can watch it online and they even coming out with a movie about Flower next year.

Quick Reply: Meerkat Manor